Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop Keyboard problem (urgent sorta)

• 12-10-2000 3:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭

I have a problem with a laptop keyboard.

The user has don something to it so that the keys that have an alternate feature (in this case, numbers eg: J key also has a 1 function) are only recognising the alternate function. She's tried pushing buttons but nothing has changed.

I have zero experience with laptops, and seeing as she's in London I can't just play with it until it works.

Any help?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

anyone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Canaboid

Is it an IBM by any chance ?
    Anyway try num lock - Prolly not.
    Try shift-num lock - Prolly or
    Ctrl-numlock if not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

or look for a key that says "Fn" and press that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

emmmmm,

it turned out to be Alt-Numlock.

Thanks for the reply.

PS. the user is one of the company helpdesk operators smile.gif This really fills me with confidence....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Reminds me of the time we once changed the "M" key for another key on another keyboard (two "D" keys) and then watched the person who owned the keyboard beat thier brains out trying to spell thier name. smile.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭SickBoy

Bold Hobbes, I like it!! smile.gif

Advertisement