Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who's doing what and where next September?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

I will probably be doing BIS in UCC providing i get the 485 points which i should if i work like a bitch for the rest of the year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭havok*

First choice is Visual Communication in DIT
    Wont know points obtained from portfolio submission till may :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭DeadBankClerk

im in second year computer sciecnce in tcd if anyone is interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Dermo

I'm going for Comp Science in TCD. Is it an easy course?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

Trying to decide between Single Honors Economics and Economics & Finance in Maynooth, anyone doing the course?

Oh, got an offer from Abertae.

<< Fio >>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Yeats County

Hopefully, I'll be doing either the National Cert in Computing or the degree in Web Development, both in Sligo IT.

Originally posted by daveirl

Why did you choose that, I thought you were into Physics etc..?

1. BIS
    2. Elec Eng
    3. Comp Sci
    4. Physic Sci

That was what i put down on my CAO form, i am still unsure about putting BIS or Elec Eng first

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Im doing 5th year again.....

1st Year
    2nd Year
    3rd Year
    4th Year
    5th Year
    *CD skips*
    5h Year
    *CD Skips*
    5th Year

and so on....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭Man U babe

First choice is mathematical science in UCD, then mechanical engineering, science, chemical engineering(all UCD), theoretical physics, pure maths(TCD), etc,etc,etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭roxy

god damn it people study the arts!!!!!!!!

they're deadly like

Originally posted by daveirl

None of these are easy anyways! I have a good couple of friends in BIS I. If you're interested in Business with a little bit of IT then it is a great course. If you're doing it because of the Boston trip (which might not be going ahead anymore) then don't.

A buddy of mine is doing it as well, he showed me around the ORB and i feel in love when i saw the flat screen monitors. From what i can see year 1 will be a peice of piss for me, HTML with basic Javascript, VB programming, networking, economics, accounting, stats etc all will be very easy for me. Also considering i have links to many people in the course and have much of year 1 covered i feel the course is right up my alley

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭ceewa

this post is prob a bit late, just saw the one about ul.

comp sys is a really tough course. and has a very high drop out rate. a reasons for this though is that the points are fairly low compared with other courses. it is a good course though and with the coop in ul, there's a better chance of getting a job than with no experience.

comp eng is a tough course too, i'm doing elec eng which is the same as comp for the first year and half, then we still do some of the same subjects. so put both subjects down and u can switch up to the end of second year. i think the same applies with mech and aero eng here too

ul is tough with the semesters thingy going on and exams after christmas but the craic is mighty. i don't know many people that can party like ul people

any questions about ul, engineering, feel free to email me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Mossin

honestly dunno yet! :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭eire_insane

I want to do computer software develment in dundalk it but i might change it .I was wondering is this coarse any good and what is dundalk it like like is it a hole.My sister is doing micro biolgy in GMIT she says she likes the coarse but GMIT is a hole.Also is electonic engering really hard in GMIT and is there any body else going to dundalk it points are really low so easy to get lke 220. please add me as a contact on msn if you know any thing bout dundalk name tio add is
    mikeludden@hotmail.com

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭embraer170

1st choice is Business and French in TCD but I doubt I will get it (510 points) My 2nd choice is Business and German in TCD, around 460 points.

After that it is the Business and Language courses in UL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭Bloody Drunkard

I put down law in UCD 1st and business and legal studies second I'll be over the moon if i get either

Advertisement