Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boo! Hiss!

Options
  • 20-01-2002 7:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭

There's a protest about Sellafield (in that there's a protest to have it closed) on Wednesday 23rd January at 6pm outside the British Embassy. I'm sure you've all seen the posters around.

Anyway, who wants to go? I'm not entirely concerned with the actual subject (i'd prefer it closed but i don't care... if anything happens to it while closed we're equally buggered and i don't swin off the coast of louth) but it should be fun.

We can have a picnic and sing songs and make placards and everything! And some CTYIers will undoubtably begin to heckle people in a most joyous manner! So it'll be great!

So yeah... who's coming and what other interesting events like this are on anytime?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭nosmo

im in.
    that is, if (dont laugh, im serious) my mommy will let me go.
    There. I've said it.
    i deserve credit.

right?
    -
    guns don't kill people
    i do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Originally posted by lordsippa
    There's a protest about Sellafield (in that there's a protest to have it closed) on Wednesday 23rd January at 6pm outside the British Embassy. I'm sure you've all seen the posters around.

Anyway, who wants to go? I'm not entirely concerned with the actual subject (i'd prefer it closed but i don't care... if anything happens to it while closed we're equally buggered and i don't swin off the coast of louth) but it should be fun.

the point is they dump there waste in the irish sea, it isnt our fear of an explotion, though its as likely as anything else, its that they will ocntinue to dump **** for years to come.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

Originally posted by lordsippa

lucky you.... I do, or well i used to. Damn pollution factory. There was a really cool study done on the radiation levels in shells around ireland and louth (dundalk especially) has 5 times more than any other area. Grrrrr...

<< Fio >>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭Elvish

count me in. I saw an abortion rally a few years back and it looked fun. what date is it on? And on the subject of sellafield I don't really care about it that much but what did catch my attention was the report by some doctor to the house of commons saying that if a jumbo hit sellafield and detonated the storage tanks on the surface, the result would be a hundred times worse than cherynobil :( (don't think i spelt that right). The interesting thing would be to see how many people would still be in Ireland a year later.

-Rob

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭sisob

apart from just the fun of protesting - there is a serious risk of meltdown in sellafield at the moment - and if that happened our fare isle would be vapourised

but i will be in hospital on web - but i would urge anyone who can go to go

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

I'm in. any idea worth fighting for is one where i'll be at shouting useless slogans. and mark, you can text things to shout to somebodys phones, then we can shout them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭Elvish

on the note of things to fight for. I urge everyone who has the slightest bit of republicism in them to watch Bloody Sunday on TV3 at half 9 tonight.

-Rob

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭imp

Yeah I'm going. Apparently a few weeks ago there was 4 major malfunctions in british nuclear reactors in one week and the Irish govt. weren't told, poor lil critters.

}:>

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Ferror

Yeah, i'll be there, we can shout at things?

Originally posted by Elvish
    on the note of things to fight for. I urge everyone who has the slightest bit of republicism in them to watch Bloody Sunday on TV3 at half 9 tonight.

-Rob

that film kicked ass - made me VVVVVEEERRRRRYYYY ANNNNGGGRRY

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

Didn't see it. Only found out bout it just after it was on. :(

Yeah... we should come up with witty phrases for writing on boards.

As it stands I should be there (there is chance that parents or health will intervene). Possibly may just be there to vent anger at stupid nuclear peoples. But I'll try.

>>DOWN WITH THIS SORT OF THING!
    >>CAREFUL NOW!

The traditional protest slogan in the words of the great,
    That's what i'll have...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭qwidgybo

although i can't physically make it,i will be there in spirit,joining colm in his cries of "down with that sort of thing!careful now!"

today is the day - and im in hospital

if anyone goes to the protest tell us all about it,

ohh and OT: because i had a cough im getting a chest X-Ray -
    i think you have to be paranoid to be a doctor - and they are threatening radiation therapy - im scarred

ahhhhhhh!!!!

That sounds pretty ****** up!!!

You must resist radiation therepy, crap hope you get better soon.

:-(

Poor Mark. We shall stop ALL the radiation because of this protest (after we finish outside of the embassy we'll march on your hospital, right?).

<hug> hope you feel better.

I might not be able to make tonight due to sickness but I'll try.

*hug*

Poor mark! I love you! and i'm pretty damn sure everyone else does....

<< Fio >>

much hugs,dear mark.

radiation must die.

*more hugs*

get well soon

I wasn't allowed go. I've been out of school sick since monday and my mother is being a bitch bout it. Plus Ian's sick too so i didn't want to have to go alone and try to find everyone...

Damn.

:(

yay - there will be no radiation theoraphy and im finished kemo - and im listening to bohemian like you - and my chest feels like its on fire -

there will be a group hug when i see everyone - ayayayayayayy no more kemo

• Advertisement

oh,i'm so glad to hear that!!that is just so brilliant!!plus,bohemian like you rocks!!

yay for everything!
    hurrah!!!

yay mark!

yay! yay! yay! yay! yay! yay! yay! yay! yay! yay! yay! yay! yay! yay! yay! yay! yay! yay! yay! yay! yay! yay! yay! yay! yay! yay! yay! yay! yay! yay! yay! yay! yay! yay! yay! yay! yay! yay! yay! yay! yay! yay! yay! yay! yay! yay! yay! yay! yay! yay! yay! yay! yay! yay! yay! yay! yay! yay! yay! yay! yay! yay! yay! yay! yay! yay! yay! yay! yay! yay! yay! yay! yay! yay! yay! yay! yay! yay!

That's grrrreat- I'm very happy for you! :-)

Now back to boring ole reality.

And yes "bohemian like you" rocks!, Yeah ye heard me!

hurrah!!!

I think *hug* is all you need to hear from me!

<< Fio >>

Advertisement