Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for PHP + MySQL programming course

Options
  • 20-01-2002 9:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for a cheap, part-time summer course in PHP and MySQL but I can't seem to find anything.

Does anyone know of any courses going on around Dublin over the summer?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

Just learn it yourself..? Get a php book and learn a bit of sql off the web..

sams teach yourself php in 24 hours is a nice starter then you can get a larger reference book..

Gav

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

When i was learning the above i found devshed.com to be damn handy.. and went through quite a few of their tutorials...
    usually a books my first choice but the amount of beginners help on the web r/e php and mysql is enormous... print off a few pages get comfortable with it and then buy a decent book rather than something you won't use after you learn it (a category most of SAM.net's books fall into :) )

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

I have to say that I found that the php manual (downloadable zip file) from the php homepage was more than adequate for learning (for the most part).

I dunno really. The odd time I'd have to go searching elsewhere, but rarely.

Advertisement