Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electronics Question, please help

• 20-01-2002 10:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭

A mate of mine is currently working on his final year project in Electronic Eng. He wants to know how to create a simple temperature reading circuit (it's part of a larger system). This will of course comprise of a thermistor, and a ADC (Analog to Digital Converter), and some sort of display. Reading from the thermistor will be from a microcontroller (8051) and programmed in assembly.

So my question is based solely on how to build a temperature reading circuit.

cheers

;-phobos-)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭BioHazRd

I reckon the best way to do this is have the thermistor connected to the input of a wheatstone bridge and the output amplified and then passed to the adc. This would give a good degree of accuracy and would also allow for some degree of calibration.

It should be fairly easy to get relevant diagrams / schematics for this type of circuit. If memory serves me right, Electric Circuits Fundamentals by Floyd may have something you could use.

Advertisement