Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Local Radio Down in the Sticks

Options
  • 20-01-2002 10:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭

Heres something I find odd.When in Fermanagh,Cavan I can in most places get a pretty clear reception of FM104 on the car radio,even though its only supposed to be transmitting to Dublin,Wicklow,Kildare,Meath,Louth probably.But at the same time I cant get stations with the same target audience like Phantom,Energy etc.They usually disappear around Kells in Meath.Any1 know why?I know its transmitter strength or something but its still a little odd.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Oeneus

Heh, I'm living in Ballinaclash, Wicklow and my radio doen'et pick up anything. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭The Gopher

Weird!I was picking up FM104 reasonably well waiting in a Dunnes carpark in Enniskillen today[though the signal did fade anytime a person or car went anywhere nearby,and I would have to periodically shake the car a little to get the signal back:) ]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

because west of dublin is quite flat, the radio waves tend to travel quite a fair bit out, i've noticed phantom takes a while to disappear when travelling down the N4, usually gets weak about kilcock or sodue to my crappy aerial :)

anyway a decent fm aerial anywhere in that area away from electrical interference will usually pick up quite strong signals.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Traveling by train from Dublin to limerick I have found you can get FM104 as far as portlaoise but 98 doesnt go as far.

Also found loads of foreign rubbish comming in on FM during the summer

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Cavan and Fermanagh are fairly high up thats why. I can get virtually any radio station here. Its a pity theyre all **** though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement