Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dual slot 1 mobo!!!!

Options
  • 21-01-2002 1:26pm
    Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,676 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hope im in the right forum for this one.
    Does anyone know if you can buy a dual slot 1 mobo as I have a spare p2 400 lying around.Any info would be appreciated!!!!
    Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭saik

yeh you can, but eh, itd proboably be cheaper and faster to get a duron 1 ghz and some sdram and a mobo.
    theres one in my local hardware shop, it costs a bomb.
    try buy and sell :?
    abit bh6 is the best dually board iirc

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

I don't think if it's a good idea to have two different speed CPUs on a boar. For the prcessing load gains of having two cpus, you might lose it again trying to get them synchronised (or so my initial reading of dualie stuff goes.
    You'd also need a true multitasking OS like NT/2k or Linux.
    Some people love em, specially if you like to have loads of IE windows open at teh one time, like me :)

Buy&Sell might be your best option allright.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭Clinical Waste

There is one for sale on the Sale board under classifieds.

Advertisement