Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

gap when recording cds

• 17-10-2000 12:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭

here's one for ya!
    when i convert mp3 files to wav and then put them on a cd there is a gap between the tracks. this is no problem if i'm just recording a normal album or whatever, but if i'm recording a mix album it's useless- so does any know how to eliminate this or of any software that can get rid of the gap. the only alternative i have found is to record the whole album as one wav file - but this is a crap option. any ideas?

[This message has been edited by stu_69 (edited 17-10-2000).]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

record "disk at once" and close disk. That should remove the gaps?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Hobbes - I have the same problem and Disc at once isn't fixing it... unless the actual mp3's have a second or two gap at the beginning or end I can't think how to get around it.

- Munch
    gibskull2.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

must be close disk. I remember if you don't do one of those it adds a 2 second gap between songs (mentions it on the CD Burning software).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

in Nero.. select all the audio tracks that your throwing on the cd.. right click.. select properties.. change the gap between the tracks.
    anyone who uses any other burning software should be shot anyway.. wink.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

i had the same problom the software is putting a 2 second gap between each of your songs . its the default setting for writing music cd's

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭Yossarian

ive never been able to get nero working...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Tis true, Nero owns your ass smile.gif

john

Advertisement