Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overclockers.co.uk

• 16-10-2000 8:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭

On September 19th (almost a month ago now) I placed an order with overclockers.co.uk through their website. It is now 16th October, and I'm still waiting for it. I've been on the phone god knows how many times, sent numerous emails, and yet I am still being told "it'll be out to you in two days". Not one of my emails have been answered, not even a long complaint to Spie, seemingly one of the managers.

First of all after about two weeks they ('Phil', the guy I've been dealing with) were telling me some of the parts I ordered were out of stock. With over 30 deliveries being shipped by them every day, I find this hard to believe. Then they started telling me "It'll be shipped tomorrow, out to you the day after". They have explicitly told me at least 3 times that the order was being shipped and would be with me soon, which has never happened.

Then last week the courier company actually lost my order. According to Phil it was shipped, but it never arrived here.

I rang them on Friday afternoon, and Phil told me he would "take care of it personally". He said the order would be shipped then to be here Monday (today). Needless to say it hasn't arrived. So I rang him this afternoon and asked him what the hell was going on. "I'm 99% sure it shipped on Friday, hang on I'll check" he said. Then he came back to me. "Uh, It's being packed now, it'll be out to you tomorrow" which after some prodding was changed to "probably the day after tomorrow".

What the hell am I supposed to do? The kick in the nuts is that they have already billed me, and did so a few days after I placed the order. They were happy to take my money, but couldn't seem to care less what happens to my order.

Sorry for the rant, but I'm unbelievably fu(ked off with this. If you're thinking of ordering from them, take my advice: DON'T. I sure as hell never will again.

Jazz

THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

If you paid with Credit Card, block it and cancel the order. Your insured and even if you have paid the bill, as long as 30 days hasn't passed (? I think?) you should be fine.

Otherwise make sure you get a tracking number from the package. I would also make sure you don't accept the package until the contents have been confirmed as working.

Whoops you may also find that it is illegal for them to bill your card before shipping the product.

[This message has been edited by Hobbes (edited 16-10-2000).]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭satchmo

It was by Credit Card, and I'm seriously thinking about doing that. As far as I can tell though, it should be here on Wednesday. I don't know why I believe them this time, and if it doesn't arrive I'm going to have to cancel it and get the kit elsewhere.

Only the fact that I've been waiting this long makes me hold out until then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭shank

Something similar happened to me, waiting on my stuff for 30+ days, constant emails with no reply, phonecall with promises made and not kept. Eventually emailed Spie asking if there was any intention to supply, got an email back saying he would take care of it. Stuff arived 2 days later, very poor for a company to behave this way if it wasn't for the fact I wasn't in a hurry for the stuff I'd be real pi$$ed. Although if they billed me a before sending the goods I would have told them to cancel and refund.

That said I'm v happy with my mobo and the chip(clocks like a dream)but will I be ordering again from them, prolly not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

I ordered a lot of gear from them during the summer and it came within about a week, no hassle. Only problem I encountered was when they missed their pickup, which only delayed my order by a day. From my perspective they seem totally professional and reliable.

That said, I've seen many slip ups being reported by irate customers on their boards (actually a good place to look if your having problems), I dunno, they seem to be a bit of mixed bag.

yeah I've been to their messageboard, but any time I've seen anyone complaining there they're told that's not the place.
    Which is why I came here to whine frown.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

well you should mail some of the english mags they usualy send there investegators in if you ask them .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Gerry

yes, you should write to a few english computer magazines, like pc format, pc gamer, pc zone etc. No guarantee that they will do anything though, they are just magazines.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

try their order queries board, I'm pretty sure thats where they deal with problems.

Well the machine finally arrived today, although I had to go out to Parkwest Business Park to pick it up myself. The graphics card (geforce2 GTS 32mb) was out of stock, but I got them to send out the machine anyway and they're going to send it seperately when it comes in.
    No doubt another few weeks of waiting and harassing them....

Advertisement