Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

On an offchance: Needed Nokia 5110 or 6110 or 6150

Options
  • 22-01-2002 1:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭

Hello all,

As ye all know at this stage, most requests to Phantom now come via Text Messages. These are routed through a phone and on to a computer screen to make them easier to access. The station gets upwards on 500 texts on an average day (peaks some days at 3000 or more) so trying to read and edit these via a handheld phone would be impossible.

Anyway, we are working on installing all sorts of gizmos in the studio at the moment (more about that in a more detailed posting tomorrow) and as part of this we are installing new SMS (text messaging software) that requires a nokia 5110, 6110, or 6150 to operate. And can I find one at the moment? Not a flippin chance. Soonest I can get one (sim unlocked) is this weekend.

So, if anyone has an 087 useable nokia, please get in touch via email ASAP and I promise a little bag of money and my undying gratitude so this piece of the jigsaw can be put in place!

Theres a fair amount of other technical stuff going on at the moment, and as I said, more details on that hopefully tomorrow.

Regards,

Pete Reed

Advertisement