Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do you get a Zyxel Omninet TA to connect at 128k?

• 19-10-2000 4:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭

Any ideas? The docs with it are worse than useless - some sort of point & click proggie like the Eicon Diva software would be nice smile.gif

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

use 2 telephone lines wink.gif

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,932 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Ive got an Eircon Diva TA and I cant connect at 128k either, ive tried the multilink option using both eircon channels with oceanfree, buyandsell and eircom but the thing always stays at 64k even after clicking the resume button for device 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Eircom.Net free is 64k only. If you upgrade to 128k subscription you can get it.

Castor, in your Dial UP connection properties go to MultiLink and choose add, then add the 2nd channel of your adapter, with the same ISP ph. number. If you have Win95 and dont have this option you need to install the ISDN accelerator pack from Msoft (or it may be on your installation CD).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Thanks Creed - i'm using Win98 and when I go to multilink and select add there are no devices listed to add. Strange.

Any idea what an Eircom 128k sub costs, and also would download speeds be much faster and therefore worth it considering you'd be paying for two phone calls too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭shank

Go into Zyxel configuration manager/general settings and click on multilink, easy as that, if u don't have that you can grab it off their site.

[This message has been edited by shank (edited 20-10-2000).]

• Advertisement
Advertisement