Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

free pay per view?

• 22-01-2002 12:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭

just wondering is anyone else getting free pay per view movies from chorus? I have ordered 3 movies off them and never recieved anything in my bill?

i still think they are poo, and they dont offer enough variety of movies, i think it changes once a fortnight, but i wonder is it just my setup?

setup:
    sagem box with their fancy remote with the red yellow green and blue buttons.

note: i was told that i couldnt use the pay for view feature unless i plugged the phone line in, and i never bothered. is this why i can order but they cant get my order details? or just pure coincidence?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭yankinlk

either a. i am the only one has has gotten away with this...
    or b. i am the only one who still has chorus installed.

wheres the best place to get/order sky from?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

when we first signed up to Cablelink (as it was then), they told us that we'd have Sky Movies free for a month.

7 months later, they finally remembered to turn off Sky Movies on our box.

This time we signed up for the movies with ntl: just before Christmas - although, unlike last time, we're paying for it now. We specified that we wanted it for a month - just so we'd have the Christmas specials and all that... so we should have been cut off, - oh I dunno- 5 days ago.

... and we weren't.

Forgetfulness ... great, isn't it? :D

--

btw, in order to answer your question, - the best place I've seen to order Sky Digital from would be Dixons - or, if possible, Sky Éire themselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Originally posted by Bard
    We specified that we wanted it for a month - just so we'd have the Christmas specials and all that... so we should have been cut off, - oh I dunno- 5 days ago.

... and we weren't.

Forgetfulness ... great, isn't it? :D

great in some ways, not so great in others. it could be that NTL will charge you for this month too. you'd want to give them a ring just in case

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 127 ✭✭Drakus

Bard be very careful. Last Christmas I got a sales call from NTL wanting to know would I like to have the Movie chnls over Christmas, just for two months Dec and Jan. I made sure it was just over the Christmas period and just for 2 months and the cost would be £17.99 per month. Imagine my suprise when my next bill arrived on Jan 11th. They had changed my billing to 6 monthly periods and yes I was being charged for 6 months Movies. As I was on direct debit with them at the time this caused all sorts of hassel. When I rang up to explain the bill was wrong they told me I should not have been told it was only for 2 months, a load of crap basically. Talk about sharp practise. I'm sure they hoped I would just keep the channels and fork out the extra subscription.

Advertisement