Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Long Time Dead

• 22-01-2002 4:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 875 ✭✭✭

So just seen the clips there yesterday, looks ok but is it going to be another one of these modern horrors - good looking clips and turns out to be a ****e film that wouldn't raise a single hair on the back of your neck.

What do you guys think ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

The one review I've seen (in the Irish Times) said it was a load of tedious $hite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 875 ✭✭✭EvilGeorge

Well thats all I need to know, but somehow I'm sure I will end up seeing it , usually happens on a sat. night when things begin to go blurry!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭ObeyGiant

Long time dead = Long time shit.

It looks really nice - the director obviously went after a particular visual style, and achieved it.
    But that's about the only good thing I can say about the film. It's paced terribly, the "scares" announce themselves with a megaphone, and the entire story can be predicted within the first 10 minutes.

I could rant on and on about how much this film (and most recent horror films for that matter) annoyed me, but I won't. To sum up - don't part with your money to see this film, it doesn't deserve it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Mills

Haven't seen the film, but on a related note, I watched Final Destination there on sunday night, and it was really pretty good, certainly the best recent release horror(ish) flick I've seen in ages. Other than that there hasn't been anything to keep you on the edge of your seat for a long time, that I've seen anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 875 ✭✭✭EvilGeorge

I would recommend session 9 when its released over here - its errie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭Puck

Originally posted by Mills
    horror(ish)

That pretty much somes up most of the recent "horror" films. Not scarey at all! I want the hairs on the back of my neck to stand up when I see a horror film. I don't think I'll be watching this one.

[edit]I cnat sepll! duh![/edit]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭phobos

I saw Long Time Dead, and thought it was a bit different from the other modern day crap. It was waaaaaay too predictable. :(

I have to say that the only movie that scared the bejesus out of me is still The Blair Witch Project. Now before people start jumping up and down with ichy fingers, let me explain. I didn't see too many trailers for this movie before going to see it. But on the night we were going to see it, a few mates of mine called around and one said he wanted to see this movie coz it was based on a true story, where film students in the states were killed. I thought to myself "yeah right", but kept and open mind. Then a Hype Documentary came on TV all about it. It showed people coming out of the cinemas in the states in total distress, shaking like leaves, and quite upset. I thought to myself, WTF, I have to see this film. So at that stage I thougth the film was very real, and was wondering what was sooo scary about it.

Well the second those ba$tards started hearing noises at night in the movie, I was sh1tting myself. I found myself entranced in the screen. I was afraid to blink. I was scanning all around the screen to see if I could see something. I remember my heart was pounding. TBH I was nearly afraid to look, but just couldn't look away at the same time. I was sitting beside one of my female friends at the time, who was grabbing on to my arm in fear. Thankfully she's not a screamer, just a grabber/hider.

The end of the movie was the worst part (scary), the way that the camera swung around corners gave you little time to prepare yourself for what was to come next.

Anyway I left the cinema shaking, and took a few mins to recover.

But for those people that think "you fuppin ejit", remember the goal of horror movies is to give you the fear buzz. I got it, you didn't, your loss. I would pay to go through the same thing over and over. I loved it, and had to buy it on DVD. But it would never be better the second time.

;-phobos-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 842 ✭✭✭the celtic tiger

i went to see blair witch the day after it was released. When it was over, the whole cinema erupted in laughter. worthless piece of sh1t.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭Clinical Waste

I have to agree that the Blair Witch was a F*cking great piece of entertainment, though once only. Creepy Horror at its best -especially if you thought it was real.

Celt thought RatRace was hillarious so I can see how he'd hate a slow once like The Blair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭ObeyGiant

Originally posted by the celtic tiger
    i went to see blair witch the day after it was released. When it was over, the whole cinema erupted in laughter. worthless piece of sh1t.
    (going completely off-topic)
    One of the things I think makes the Blair Witch project such a huge success was the fact that there was very little "middle ground". You either loved the film, or hated it.
    What I've found about the people who hated it was that, for the most part, they went to this film having heard about all the hype, with people calling it "The scariest film ever" (or words to that effect), and basically sat down in the cinema and said "Right, scare the bejesus out of me.. go on". As such, they weren't actually sucked into the film. This wasn't helped by the fact that, by the time it arrived here, it was generally common knowledge that the whole thing wasn't real, as most people who saw it in the States believed it to be.

Personally - I heard about that film at the beginning of the summer, and spent that entire summer reading up on it, learning about the background myth to the film. The week before it opened, I spent every day trying to scare myself silly. By the time I went to see the film, I was pretty jittery. By the time I came out - I was a nervous wreck. In the end, I guess what you bring to the film determines what you get out of it.

As I said, the lack of middle ground with this film means that there isn't a catch-all to say how good a movie it is - I can't say it was the greatest horror film ever, just because it fucked me up. I can just say that it's probably MY greatest horror film.

Still though - I can safely say there's no middle ground with Long Time Dead. It's a terrible. Terrible. Terrible film.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Yurmasyurda

I saw Long Time Dead last night, people were literally walking out ten minutes into the movie, the only reason I didn't was due to laziness, what a pile of dog poo, this should have not been put into the cinema, when walking out there was a huge que for Vanilla Sky (me wants to see)

Yurma

Advertisement