Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tips on Promoting a site?

Options
  • 22-01-2002 9:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Any one got any real tips on how best to promote a web site? With little or no cost!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭BioHazRd

registering with the major search engines is always a good start. Also see if there are any sites that are similar to yours and try and work out a banner exchange deal eg. you will mention their site on yours and vice versa.

Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭BioHazRd

Sorry, but I should have pointed out that the above should cost practically nothing :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

download a program like webposition gold or similar.. they analyze your html, and mark it in a similar way that search engines do.. then gives pointers on how to improve rankings for various search topics. it also automates the search engine submission process as well... i found it damn handy anyway in the past.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

SPAM!:D

Register with www.yahoo.com and www.dmoz.org Visit http://pw1.netcom.com/~pohallor/ireland/direct1.htm, www.addme.com, type add a link directories into a search engine pref google.

Finally use your url in your sig!

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭peterd

If you're looking to promote e.g. the site in your site, I would first hit the Irish search engines (there are about 15, www.indexireland.com www.browseireland.com ... ), and make sure you get listed under all the Regional>Mayo listings.

Use world-renowned search engines (www.google.com www.yahoo.com) and type in keywords you want your site to get listed on. Visit the 1st page / 2 of sites and see if you can get link exchanges going w/ these sites.

Post to Mayo related forums (if any) or even Irish tourist forums, and be sure to leave your sig+link to site. DON'T promote your own site in a post (regarded as self advertising) but try to be really helpful to people, giving your sig a better status.

Being a directory, maybe ask your listee's to link back to you. Make it as hassle-free as possible to encourage your linkage. Copy+Paste HTML seems to work well and give several options of banner styles/sizes and plain text links. This can be a very effective means of traffic building, as your site becomes the centre of attention, and the "Mayo Sites" be all and end all.

/ooops, I've said too much

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 mountdaisy

Good tips thanks to you all!
    :p

Advertisement