Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whipping Boy - Heartworm

Options
  • 23-01-2002 10:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21

I really desperately want a copy of this album but when we went to try Golden Disks in Rathmines for it we were told it isn't been made anymore and so isn't available.
    Kinda wondering if anyone knows where a copy can be got

Ta.
    Deirdre

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Gar_ptc

you should try the usual suspects;
    Freebird records
    Road records
    and such fine *non-establishment*establishments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭SimonMaher

Hi Deirdre,

Search around all those shops and if all else fails come back to me and Im sure we can magic up a copy from somewhere!

Regards,

Pete Reed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Deirdre

Well I intend to try all the usual places at the weekend (Road, etc.) I tried out all the places I could today at lunch time in college, but I go to college in
    *loud scream*
    BRAY!

Thanks for the info anyways - it is strange, Heartworm was on the top of my 'must buy' album list for years, then I forgot about it, until last Christmas. Strange the way the mind works (or is that just mine?)

Deirdre

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭knobbles

Pete,
    i'd like it if u put on a magic show and get
    me a copy of the album.
    a rabbit would be cool too but i'd settle for
    the CD,
    ta

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭pugwall

Can anyone remember the Whipping Boy gig in the TMBC back in december 1997? It was the best gig of my life until I saw the Frames (imbarisingly for the first time! I'd been planning to go & see them for years!) TWB were amazing. Why did they have to split up? Their 2nd album was ok, not great though. Heartworm happens to be my 3rd fave album of all time. The Beach boys, Pet Sounds is no. 1 followed by Van Morrison, Astral Weeks!

• Advertisement

Well I tried Road Records, Comet and Rythm Records, no sign :-(

Still lookin'

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

Yeah i remember the TBMC gig, the lead singer sat on the drum riser for most if not all of the gig.......ah twas great stuff though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭bugler

Heartworm was their second album album. I doubt you'll find it anywhere in any store to be honest. I consider myself VERY lucky to have a copy of it, I was looking for it for ages, then found by chance (fate?) when I got into an argument about music with a guy in a nightclub, turns out he had the cd and hated it. Yoink! It is now mine.

They split up because the band split into two camps, who hated each other, basically.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭bandit

i posted a request here about a month ago. i'd searched every record shop in town and suburbs, no one has it, it appears every now and again in second hand shops. i got a copy on tape from amazon.com of some yank for $2.99 ended up about £6 euro, stupid americans. internet is defo your best / only bet

I only wish I had a credit card so I actually could buy it online.

Well my 21st is coming up so God knows what I could con my parents into, but that may be bye bye to the GameBoy Advance...

Parental paranoia and the net may just cause another one of those boundries in whatever force is determined to ensure I never own a copy of the album.

Deirdre

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭viboy

I had it on tape for years but lost when I moved out of the student flat. After searching for a while a saw a copy going for about 5:99 on gemm.com.

I just done a search right now and there are a couple for sale. Here's a link to one being sold for about $12. I'm sure you could get it cheaper
    http://www7.gemm.com/c/search.pl?sid=8386467&key=50735&disp_ad_format_mode=0&artist=WHIPPING+BOY&title=HEART+WORM

Sean

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Batfink

Great album ! I'd luv a copy and was wondering does anybody know if it's on the web anywhere in MP3 format ? Anyone willing to share it over Morpheus ?

A friend of mine found it at amazon and managed to grab me a copy for 10 euros. Now I have to wait till my birthday to get it!

BTW, thanks to the person for the private message about the album, that was cool, unfortunately I'm a bit of a muggle and have no idea how to use this magic stuff so I thought I'd best thank you here. :-)

FINALLY GOT MY ALBUM!!!

Deirdre

Advertisement