Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BG2 Technical help...

• 21-10-2000 1:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭

Sorry for the crosspost, but it is a technical problem as well (maybe)

Ah, bought Baldurs Gate 2 yesterday. Installed it today. Made up my character (dwarven Kensai, going to dual to Monk if I get to it). watched that lovely intro. Started playing and...doh!

If anyone speaks, or if I access the spells quick menu, the game goes loopy. It automatically starts to select-deselect one of the quick weapon boxes repetedly. this makes the pointer on the screen flash between attack and move no-stop. the result is that the game is completely unplayable!!! <sob! so near and yet so far!>

If I enter the inventory or character screen (or any other screen) and go back to the play screen the problem resets itself but reappears as soon as any of the above happen.

System used:
    PIII 500
    Win 98
    64 mb ram
    plenty of hd space
    3dfx voodoo 1 (latest drivers)
    DirectX 7.0

config used.
    tried every processor speed option (no joy)
    tried every graphic setting (no joy with or without 3d enabled)
    I haven't tried touching those BLT(sp?) things (I shouldn't need them if it's running in 2d should I?)

The graphics are displaying fine, it's just this flashy cursor and weapon thing that's annoying me....

Any help?

lolth2.jpg

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Draco

Definitly sounds like a bug rather than a problem with your machine. Try mailing the BG guys - they seem approachable.

Draco

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Baz_

Have you tried the website for patches and bug notices??

I just looked there and I couldn't see any, but that doesn't mean they're not there, it could be that I was looking at the wrong site.?

[This message has been edited by Baz_ (edited 23-10-2000).]

Advertisement