Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tender for Web Site Development

Options
  • 23-01-2002 1:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭

I've posted this on the Work board too as it may not be appropriate here, so if the mods don't like it here apols and feel free to delete it.

The Crafts Council of Ireland invites tenders for the development of websites for participants in its 'hands on' project.

The 'hands on' project is an initiative by the Craft Council of Ireland (CCoI) to encourage its membership to avail of the opportunities afforded by the Internet and in 2002 there will be between 40 and 45 participants who will be given mentoring, training and website development.

The tender document can be downloaded from:
    www.ccoi.ie/handson

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

What's involved in the tendering process Coninthian? I usually work along the lines of "hi, this is what we can do, we're really very good", and it tends to work with private organisations, but tenders is new to me. I've been tempted to submit them before, but I've always been a bit befuddled by the whole thing.

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭beaver

It's all in the tender document :) Create your cover letter saying blah, blah why you would be good for the job. Then show your portfolio with descriptions of the relevant works and include your pricing. If it all works for them and they like the cut of your jib, as it were, you might well get the contract. AFAIK government bodies have to tender all their contracts.

The showcase site seems laughable from a design POV... wonder what the competition for this contract will be like...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

If you download and read the RFT, you’ll find it’s not your standard tendering process (which I’d agree are generally a pain to respond to).

Beyond that it would be inappropriate for me to discuss the matter further outside of official channels.

Advertisement