Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sys Admin wanted

• 23-01-2002 1:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭

Theres a job going in my company for a Sys Admin with 2+ years experience. Skills needed: Windows NT/2000/Server, UNIX, IIS4+, Apache, tcp/ip, networks, firewall, routers...the usual sys admin stuff.

Check out ANAM Wireless Internet Solutions for more info on the company.

If interested send your c.v. to me

Company is located in Dalkey Village, Co.Dublin

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

im just curious, how many people actually applied for this.
    lots of people always post up about hating their job, or having no job, and the say that they can do x,y and z and have so many years admin experience.
    im just surprised no-one has posetd up. thats all :)

id go for it, but i know nothing about unix (thank god!), oh, and im in england!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Like WWM, know nothing about unix or I'd come knocking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

Originally posted by WhiteWashMan
    im just curious, how many people actually applied for this.
    lots of people always post up about hating their job, or having no job

yup, thats exactly why i bothered me arse posting it up here in the first place. as it turned out i received all of 0 applications or enquiries (untill this one that is)

and the say that they can do x,y and z and have so many years admin experience.
    im just surprised no-one has posetd up. thats all :)

quite surprised myself too :confused:

id go for it, but i know nothing about unix (thank god!), oh, and im in england!

well i think the guy they hired in the end doesn't have any unix either. Am mad busy at work myself and been away for a few days so haven't got the full low down on him yet.

Just goes to show that nothing ventured, nothing gained really....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

well, next time the usual muppets come on here and moan about recession and no jobs in the field etc, you can give them a jolly good bollocking.
    im sick of telling people theres loads of jobs out there if they just get of their arses and look.
    with the exception of web design, which is a crap field to be in anyway, so they deserve it because they do even less work than i do....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭SheroN

yea even for work placement I had the choice of a few jobs, dunno what people are on about with this down turn.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

Originally posted by WhiteWashMan

with the exception of web design, which is a crap field to be in anyway, so they deserve it because they do even less work than i do....

/me hangs head in shame

leave me alone, sniff...:(

i was a c/c++ developer, did a nice few projects here but global downturn & blah, blah, blah, hey-presto i'm an asp/sql developer.

At least i'm not complaining about it......well today anyway :rolleyes:

Advertisement