Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chorus no longer sells to Home users

Options
  • 23-01-2002 2:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I know it doesnt affect many of you as it's not available widely across the country - but I thought it was sad news to hear one more competitor to any internet service has quit.

From what I hear they have currently sold out on modems and will no longer offer 40£ a month always on to home users. Minimum install is now 1 business pc for 80£ (not euro).

I cant say that i blame them as they are having a hard enough time keeping up with the demand as it is, might as well increase the profit margin on what they can supply.

Does this mean the home user is now hanging on for adsl as the last chance for always on to be offered in the near future?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SkepticOne

Originally posted by shrek
    Does this mean the home user is now hanging on for adsl as the last chance for always on to be offered in the near future?
    Well, so far the only price for ADSL so far proposed is actually more than Chorus's business price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭NeilF

Originally posted by shrek
    I cant say that i blame them as they are having a hard enough time keeping up with the demand as it is, might as well increase the profit margin on what they can supply.

It says something about the demand for broadband in Ireland if Chorus can generate enough interest in a product to completely overwhelm them from a rather un-informative web page on chorus.ie.

I think this can be added to our growing list of irrefutable points!

Advertisement