Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trouble with a cd I burnt

• 23-01-2002 3:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭

Just got a new PC, copied my precious Championship Manager 01/02 save on to it, put CD in new PC, can't copy file because it stops with 'Unable to copy file - cyclic data error' about 60% of the way through the 150meg file. The file's been deleted from the old PC.

It was burnt with EasyCD 5 under Windows ME - is there any way to rescue this file or repair it or the CD somehow, or am I up the creek and so on?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭strat

"cyclic data error "

thats the dredded CRC error :(
    afaik think its screwed
    would try making an image of the cd using somehing like CDRWIN and setting the read speed down to like 2x then open up the image with isobuster or somehting

if be interested to see what other pl have to say on the matter also

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

Fooked I'd say... the aul CRC ain't good. Did the burnt CD work alright before?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭phoenix2181

use cd clone guys & 99.99% of games can be copied perfectly
    the link is

www.cdclone.com

Advertisement