Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with ISP desktop links please..

• 24-10-2000 2:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭

I've been using surf no limits and surf free when thats busy (ahem) but now I'm using something else but get this..

surf free and surf no limits will not be deleted from my desktop..

they sit there waiting to be clicked...they cant be shifted into the bin and are invisible on the desktop through explorer..

even in DOS they cant be seen yet there they are..ive deleted them in dial up networking but they reappear there once clicked again..

its ****in me off big time right now as i just wanta get rid of em..

any ideas?

‡PJ‡

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Open regedit.exe...
    Go to:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\explorer\Desktop\NameSpace\

Once you get here, just delete the folder that holds the IOL icon, in my case it was {862E3340-E095-11D3-B8DC-00A02487589C}.
    Then once you refresh the desktop, the icon will be no more smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Or if you have "tweakui" installed, it's just a matter of four or five clicks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭PJ Hunt

Sucess !!

That did it..good job Dead {O}

Cheers

biggrin.gif

‡PJ‡

Advertisement