Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Right clcik context menu

• 23-01-2002 4:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 310 ✭✭

Does anyone know how to edit the right button click context menu? The one that pops up when u right click on a file or folder. I found out how to do it before but I can't remember now.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Loomer

Here ya go:

To add items to the context menu, start a Registry editor (regedit.exe) and go to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Unknown\shell. From the Registry editor menu bar, select Edit, New, Key.

Enter the name you want the context menu to display (e.g., an application name). Right-click the new subkey and select New, Key. Enter the name

Command

Click the new command and double-click the entry labeled (Default) in the pane on the right. Enter the path and name of the executable, followed by %1 (e.g., D:\Program files\savedit\savedit.exe %1). Click OK. When you right-click a file, the menu will display the new entry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 310 ✭✭Cerberus

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\*\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\

This is what i was lookin for.
    I need to delete some stuff out of it.

Thanks anyway Loomer

Advertisement