Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

writing real media (audio) files to disk

• 23-10-2000 11:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭

any way to do this with a plugin or somthing? like you can with winamp or sonique.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

AFAIK, streaming Real Media works the same way as streaming Real Audio - they use "meta files" that point to the real file. Right click on the link and save the file as $whatever.txt. Open that file and you'll see the location of the real file. I think that you'll have to create a webpage to get it then though, with a link to the file which you can right-click on, and "Save As".

adam

[This message has been edited by dahamsta (edited 23-10-2000).]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 450 ✭✭Chief

Hec lad, proggie is xfileget, look on altavista.com for it.. its discontinued.. but still floating around out there.. crax available on astalavista.box.sk ..

sorted..

"LOSE me.. Hate me.. SMASH me..
    ERASE me.. KILL me.."

nine inch nails - eraser

|Chief|...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

If it's the creation of your own RealAudio or RealVideo files and saving them to your hard drive you want to do then you want RealEncoder from real.com

If it's the saving of realaudio files from streams on the net, then you'll have to check where the location of the original file is by looking into the meta file for the URL of the .ra file as dahamsta said, and then use a program like wget (tiny but damn useful DOS program) to retrieve it over HTTP.

bard.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

nah thats not what I'm talking about, the ram files are already on my disk, I just want to find out is there a way to actually write them to disk as a wav, a la winamp.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭stu_69

hec,
    if you want to convert ram file to wav this how i went about doing it. first get a program called streambox ripper(www.streambox.com or search for it on cnet.com) this wiil convert the ram files to mp3 then use a program like remixer(www.remixer.com) to convert them into wav and then copy them onto cd or just use nero to convert them into cda onto a cd. i think thats what your on about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Snowbat

You can do this with Winamp when you have Innover's plug-in installed.
    http://myhome.shinbiro.com/~ddongper/innoreal/main_e.html

Streambox Ripper will also do the job.

You can encode direct to WAV using either method - no need to use MP3 as an intermediate format.

Gar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

funnily enough, I found out my soundcard does the job just fine using Goldwave, ah well.

Advertisement