Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what does any1 think of Marilyn Manson's new song

Options
  • 23-01-2002 9:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭

what do you think of the remake of Tainted Love by Marilyn Manson! i think its a good version and a cool vid to go with it! there is some nice babes in the vid!

but good tune nevertheless

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Another pointless example of giving "props" to faux-ironic sources. What next, Sisters of Mercy remixed by Fatboy Slim?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Originally posted by Robbo
    What next, Sisters of Mercy remixed by Fatboy Slim?

Now that I'd like to see!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

Cradle of Filth are doing a collaboration with Justin and Dizzy spears....no honest!

Just seen Mazza's rendition of Tainted Love on "The Box",so goth is now mainstream pop..hehe.

serious, i sawr it.

Originally posted by chernobyl
    Just seen Mazza's rendition of Tainted Love on "The Box",so goth is now mainstream pop..hehe.

serious, i sawr it.

Well, Mazza has always been pop, pretty much. That's nothing new.

Lets just hope he never gets together with Louis Walsh and makes a "Gothstars"...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Lets just hope he never gets together with Louis Walsh and makes a "Gothstars"...

"Now I'm sorry Nadine, you never told us you were the undying bride of Thorstvelt, the Warhammer God. This is against the rules and you'll have to return to your crypt."

Wish I had a Cyrpt...

Preferable one that used to belong to a Wizard...

"I'm sorry, is that a fake peircing? You're disqualified!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Mibel

NA NA NA SLIPKNOT DOING A VERSION OF BUILD ME UP BUTTERCUP

Originally posted by Mibel
    NA NA NA SLIPKNOT DOING A VERSION OF BUILD ME UP BUTTERCUP

Since when did a shouty nu-metal band like SlipKnot have anything to do with Goth music?

Now...
    Fields Of The Nephilim doing a version of Y.M.C.A.!? :D

Actualy... Hold that though...

Type O Negative! They've done Beatles covers... A Jimi Hendrix cover...
    So, maybe 'tis not such a far fetched idea?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Nahhhhhh Manson were anything BUT pop up until Antichrist Superstar. That album is pure, rocking, evil :]

After that they went into Pop-dom.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by PiE
    Nahhhhhh Manson were anything BUT pop up until Antichrist Superstar. That album is pure, rocking, evil :]

After that they went into Pop-dom.

Yeah, that's true... I was going a bit over board with the "Always been Pop" comment.

AS was a good album, but mainly because Trent Reznor wrote most of the music on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

Originally posted by PiE
    B]

no, antichrist superstar was pure trent reznor.
    the boy cant do bugger all on his own.

as for the songle. hmmm, i cant stop singing it, but i have to say im not a fan of the song.
    god, i remember the original by soft cell. i think that freaked me out. oh, abd im glad to see a few birds kissing each other makes it a great video. coz like, 'the bad boys invade the party and cause mayhem' idea has never been done before has it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

The video is obviously a p*ss-take.

yes it is, its an exaggerated version of a goth crowd owning some preppy kids party.

yes it is, its an exaggerated version of a goth crowd owning some preppy kids party.

...as they do...

Advertisement