Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Logging on?

Options
  • 24-01-2002 12:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭

Hi Folks, Is anyone having trouble logging using "no limits" (those that still have it) or iolfree/iolgold? The connections take ages and each page loading is 2/3 minutes. This happens no matter when we log on. There are a few of us in the Sligo area with the same problem.

Mick.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

When i had no limits, it was the time of day that mattered, if i wasnt online by about 7pm, after that it'd take forever to log on, does it occur at a certain time? or all the time? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Julie

I'm in Dublin city centre and have been finding problems with iolfree in the past 3 or 4 weeks. It can take quite a few attempts to log on after 7:30 or so as it always seems to be engaged - I never ever had this problem until recently. Another new problem is with trying to send mails - it quite often times out and gives me a message that it doesn't recognise my email address (even though I have I have an iol email address!!) and I have to attempt to send each mail a few times. Receiving mail is fine.

ive had problems with iolfree around the same time, im in Meath. Line busy tone. I guess its just busy or a heavy load, did u try any other access numbers, obewan:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭phreak

i have nolimits and it seems to be working fine(well as fine as it always works!)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

hey,
    I have both IOL and eircom and neither of them were working for a few hours.It seems to happen at the same time every night.I only get a connection speed of 14.4kbps through a 56k modem so i don't have much to look forward to even when if i do eventually get connected :mad:

BERNARD

http:\\www.nirvana.ismad.com

• Advertisement

I use IOL Free and UTV..UTV lately has been coming up with the "There computer you are dialing to is not answering" but when they connect, its fine, always 44,000bps or higher, never any lower than that. Ye around the same time every evening it gets busy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭obewan

Hi folks, thanks for the replies. Nolimits seems to be back to normal but a few mates using Iolfree are still finding it difficult if not impossible to log on. The time of day/night makes no difference to log on attempts.

No help from tech support either!!!

Thanks anyway.

Mick.

Advertisement