Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Wanted] Looking for 4 bedroomed house in Castlebar

Options
  • 24-01-2002 4:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭

I know this is a complete longshot, trying to find a place this time of year. But myself and my housemates have found ourselves in quite the predicament. Out lovely house situated near the college, became flooded over the Christmas, causing severe damage to the who house. I mean the ceiling caved in, and all that :( . But it was a case of poor plumbing, instead of frozen pipes it was concluded by a local plumber. So our Ex landlord wanted to keep our deposits, which was a grand in total. So we were going to put up a fight. It didn't take too much, except threatening court, and having Threshold contact him. So earlier tonight I got a call from him, and he's willing to refund our full deposit. I love this country, where the little guy isn't afraid to speak up, and won't take fuk off for an answer.

So we are getting our deposits back, and are prepared to move on. We had a house in the Gladesville area of the town, and would love to get something there or nearby. But any offers will be considered at this stage.

I will be checking with this thread regularly, so expect a speedy response.

Cheers lads, ;)

;-phobos-)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭ramius

Try going down to Morans Auctioneers, i got my accomadation from them for the last three years, but dont tell them your students, if they say your working in town, just go in ans ask for a 'rented accomadation list'. The same thing happened to friends of mine livin out in manor village their pipes froze and burst over the christmas!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭lazer

i had a friend up there few years ago, he said that he just got an accomadition list from the S.U. i think he lived in Chestnut Grove?

or what i did in dublin, i asked friends to ask there landlords, if the new any other landlords who had places? thats prob the best way to get a place..

g'luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭phobos

I did that already, but they know that I'm a student, coz I have dealt with them in the past. The last time I had a house off them was two years ago. But now they won't entertain students at all :(

I have a couple of places to ring, but very few want to see students coming. And I wouldn't mind, we're all bloody final year students in our last few months of college. Do they honestly think we would have time to draft a plan to wreck their houses, I don't think so. ;)

Bloody typical small town politics :mad:. I hate it when Biddy had her house wrecked by students, and then all of a sudden Biddy's friends (the 29 Mary's), now all hate students. For the love of GOD give us a chance, we'll be good, honest ;)

;-phobos-)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement