Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which format??

• 24-01-2002 11:31am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 919 ✭✭✭

Trying out some video-editing on the pc.

Which is the best format to save it in , mpeg,avi and what software would anyone recommend - cheapest, free preferred??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭BioHazRd

I'm far from being an expert on video, but I have seen AVIs encoded with the DiVX codec and it is quite impressive - It's also free

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 919 ✭✭✭timeout

Any ideas on where i might get this avi / divx codec software??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

Did you try http://www.divx.com/?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

hmmmmm If you don't get a full mpg it still works, some avi files don't if your transfering them and a couple of kb get knocked off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Meh

Originally posted by Slydice
    hmmmmm If you don't get a full mpg it still works, some avi files don't if your transfering them and a couple of kb get knocked off
    http://www.divx-digest.com/software/divfix.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 919 ✭✭✭timeout

:confused::confused::confused:

I think I have not explained myself correctly.

I'm NOT trying to rip DVD's.
    I am trying to capture and edit video from a plain camcorder not digital. Iknow digital would be better but I'm only starting :)

Anyone know what software I can use and what format is best to save it in???

Advertisement