Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A kodak moment...

• 24-01-2002 12:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭

What's the worst thing you've ever had on screen... and then you get caught...

Had an unfortunate incident recently when I clicked on a humorous email attachment entitled something like 'why men shouldn't wear speedos' and up comes this enormous picture of an overweight mans hairy groin area, bedecked in said speedos, with his testicles hanging out either side of said speedos.

Full colour, full screen.

I was so astounded by the grossness of the thing, I didn't notice the MD of the company appear behind me, chatting to a bigwig client of some description. When I finally realised they were there, I was so freaked I forgot everything I ever knew about a computer and went straight for the 'off' button.

(Not even the off button on the monitor - blind panic makes me really stupid.)

Lost various bits and pieces of work, took rest of day to recover from minor heart attack.

What's the worst thing anyone else has had onscreen and been caught with?

Please refrain from the need to post said picture in this thread to demonstrate? ...PLEASE?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭mayhem#

I remember quite some years back when I was working for DEC, this mate in Holland would send me the latest pictures from rotten.com over the weekend. Fairly gross stuff which I promptly forwarded to everyone else in the call centre. Then just sat back and watched people spray coffee all over their monitor.....

Advertisement