Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

England v Ireland (oldie)

Options
  • 24-01-2002 12:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭

The Republic of Ireland soccer team are havinga meeting on the eve of a pre-World Cup friendly against England, and Mick McCarthy says to the lads: "Look lads, I know they are absolutely ****e and we don't want to play them, but we have to or face the wrath of the FAI and UEFA".

Roy Keane peps up: "I've an idea, boss. Why don't youse all go
    down to the pub and let me play them on my own, after all I'm good enough to beat them myself. And remember, they are totally ****e!! "Brilliant idea, Roy," says Mick, "let's do that!"

On the day of the game, the lads are in the pub playing pool
    when Quinny remembers the match is on. He flicks the teletext on and up comes the score: ENGLAND 0, IRELAND 1 (KEANE, 10 min) The lads cheer and get the drinks in.

At about 4.50 pm, they go to the teletext again and up comes the score: ENGLAND 1 (OWEN, 93 min), IRELAND 1 (KEANE, 10
    "Oh **** that!" cries McCarthy, "What the **** went wrong?"

They all leave the bar and jump into taxis and head back to Lansdowne Road. They rush in to find Keane sitting in the dressing room with his head in his hands.

"Well Roy, what the **** happened?!?" screams McCarthy. Roy protests, "it was all going well and I had the game under control, then that bastard of a referee sent me off in the 12th minute."

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭BioHazRd

LOL :D

It may be an oldie.......but it's a goodie

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

ROFL,oh arent England good :D

Advertisement