Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom House Calls

Options
  • 24-01-2002 4:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Guy from Eircom dropped round just now trying to sell me ISDN, and telling me that I'd be better off with that than my flat-rate Esat package. Riiiiight so. Spent 15 minutes explaining to him about why ISDN sucks and what ADSL package I want before I'd buy it. He said he'd never heard of Ireland Offline, and didn't know anything about the ADSL rollout. "Thats for businesses, isn't it? I don't think there's anybody in Ireland with that yet."

Educated him slightly (without being *too* abusive) :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭NeMiSiS

They rang my house I asked "Whats it concern?" he replied ISDN
    I said "That's ****ing ****e give me ADSL"..no luck says I might have it here by 2003,mind you they guy on the other end was'nt to pleased with eircom himself he figured the cap was bull**** and just another way to make more money.

Told him my situation and he agreed that fone prices were bull**** ISDN wouldnt do me much good sound guy :) He didnt speak one word of bull****. Said hopefully Valentia would shake
    eiorcomnet up ..and ADSL prices would come down as ppl more ppl git it..he hoped..

I think what you have to realize if there are people just like us working for eircom,themselves their family and friends are paying crazy prices for net access anfd fone calls too .

In other news..for all those who are being turned down for trials..I rang yesterday to see could i get our offices on the trial as soon as we have our new premises built which will be 2 weeks or so..and i was told it would be no problem..and id say it will be be the same for any other person representing a company we have a 'account manager' and all that crap..

anways adios

Advertisement