Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with XP

• 24-01-2002 4:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭

Ok, in winME, i somehow disabled the File menu in every explorer app(ie,we etc)
    I upgraded to winxp pro and i still dont have a file menu, is it a registry problem or...?

Also, im authed as admin, but when i right click on any folder and try make it private, the box is greyed out..

winxp pro rc 2600 upgrade rather than new install
    and ntfs

Thanks,
    -Celt

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭SickBoy

Ok, I'm having a wild guess here...
    I have WinXP Pro installed with NTFS. I also don't get the option to make a folder private when I go into folder properties. The only reason I think I can't do this is along with the administrator account I'm the only other user on the system so who would I be making the folder private from? The administrator account, doubt it! I'll create another account later and see if this is the case...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

No, there's my a/c and another general a/c for the rest of my family.

Advertisement