Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Medal of Honour: Allied Assault

Options
  • 24-01-2002 5:57pm
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭

Finished the single player game earlier, it seemed pretty class. I can't wait for the full game to be released, although did anyone else find its pretty demanding on the ol hardware? Wolf runs at a pretty decent 50-80 fps while Moh (at a guess) is giving me 20-50 fps :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by kaids
    did anyone else find its pretty demanding on the ol hardware? Wolf runs at a pretty decent 50-80 fps while Moh (at a guess) is giving me 20-50 fps :(

Yup, thought so too. Can't /won't comment on how good the game is (though it seems like a worthy sequel improvement) as I've only just started and haven't been able to give it the time but demanding on HW it is.

(rant)What the hell happened recentlywith req specs for games? One of the lads found that Civ3 (Civ for the love of...) was running slowly on his 233 box. Now fair enough, it's not fast enough to run the latest games (nor is my p3-500, esp with Flight Sim 2002 suggesting a minimum p4-1.4 or whatever) but someone's upped the ante on games recently. It's medal of honor, designers, not bleedin Bryce (/rant)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

I should have the full game in a couple of hours (good bless adsl :) ). the demo is very good. the fps aint really that bad unless the fighting get real hectic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Trev

should have it on monday. Thank God for m8's with ADSL :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Kairo

warezmonkey.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 625 ✭✭✭ThreadKiller

[How about you use your DSL to download a fúcking clue?]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭Shred

Just spent the past 1.5 hours playin' the demo and i'd have to agree- yes it is pretty good and yes it is quite heavy on hardware/resources...

Hardware issues aside, I shall be investing in a copy ( I'm one of a dying breed it seems, ie I actually go out and buy games/support the industry:rolleyes: ;) )

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

mmm, ive played it through about 4 times now, can't wait for the full game.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,518 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Anyone know when the full game is going to be abailable in Ireland? From a shop? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by Krusty_Clown
    Anyone know when the full game is going to be abailable in Ireland? From a shop? :)

Officially 15 February

(then there's the wait till May 31 for MOH: Frontline for those of you with a PS2)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Originally posted by Shred
    Hardware issues aside, I shall be investing in a copy ( I'm one of a dying breed it seems, ie I actually go out and buy games/support the industry:rolleyes: ;) )

The are places you can buy games? I always thought you had to download them for nothing ;) :rolleyes: :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭adnans

i've just watched the beach landing mission from MOH:AA and it looks like one of the atmospheric games since SS2. even the boat ride to the beach is full of suspense and looks like it's taken straight out of Saving Private Ryan opening scenes. i cant wait.

adnans

• Registered Users Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭Shred

The are places you can buy games? I always thought you had to download them for nothing

LOL:p :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Just played the single player demo from the new PC Format DVD edition. I like the game play, seems better done than RCTW, the enemies are harder to kill and I find myself having to move around a lot more. The graphics are good but not as good as RCTW. Roll on Feb 15th.

Advertisement