Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pci management bus

• 24-10-2000 2:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭

i have just built a new system for my mate. all is fine except for the following: i have done a clean install of win98 and installed all the drivers(sound, modem, video, monitor etc.) but in device manager the following shows up under other devices: pci system management bus and other device. both of these have conflict symbols beside them. i can't get rid of these. i've tried installing the drivers from the windows 98cd and looked on the website but nut- i could leave them alone my mate would never know but i want to know how to sort these out. any help would be greatly apreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Gerry

You would really need to give mopre detail about what sort of system it is. It sounds like smbus to me, something that is probably described in the motherboard manual. The drivers for it should be on the driver disk that came with the motherboard, you should also install drivers for the ide and agp, if it is a via chipset on the board, otherwise the computer will be very slow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭SickBoy

I think its the chipset of the Intel 8xx thats not being detected correctly by 98. Get this file http://ftp1.us.dell.com/misc/Z0377C01.exe and follow the instructions. It should solve your problem, it did mine.

Jimmy...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

On your motherboard cd you should have a driver bridge set or some other such driver... install these...

.logic.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭stu_69

i'm still having trouble with this one, so here's the specs of the machine:
    the motherboard is an intel fedora p111 750,
    video: agp voodoo 3 3000,
    sound: ensonic audio pci,
    modem: gvc modem,
    10gb hard drive,
    cdrw drive,
    dvd drive.
    the problem still remains under other devices in device manager it shows: pci management bus and other device. i presume the other device is related to the pci management bus. i have flashed the bios with the latest upgrade-no difference. installed windows 2000 - again no difference. the machine is now starting to give some problems now- it stops responding after a while and has to be rebooted. also the cdrw is not working properly. any ideas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭SickBoy

I thought you said you were using Win98. Anyway if its 98 use the file I posted, if not do as Logic said.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭stu_69

i found out what the problem was with this one: it seems there is a problem with the fedora motherboard and win98 it can't instal the pci drivers. gateway have a fix for this so i got a hold of that. and it's sorted now.
    cheers for the help anyway

Advertisement