Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gay board.

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Baz_

Originally posted by logic1

heheh After all the discussion I quite agree. And Apples relationship board should be stocked with a fresh supply of 18 year old cheer leaders every week.

.logic.

with braces just for logic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭MarcusGarvey

A relationship board is a good idea. I think Talliesins post made a lot of sense though. If theres interest in it make one, if its not used it can be removed can't it ?

A relationship board would have a larger catchment area though and theres not really anything else like it on boards.ie G'Wan with the relationships board.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

Originally posted by amp

You have to earn the red star of sarcasm.

oh, talk to me baby........!

Originally posted by Boston

Man you left yourself open for a royal slaging there, it wwm had done it, i might have taken advantage

are you saying that im an awful bástard with no feelings who says horrible things to people?

im not you jknow.n i get my round in at the bar. i dont rob candy from small children. i have no qualms against homosexuals. i dont hate any ethnic minority.

by the way, you may use the sarcasm device only if you change it from amps .sig and make it int TEH FUNNEY JOEK!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

who can honously say they havent robed candy from small children?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

Why on earth would we need a Gay board.

After all there isn't a heterosexual board.

If people want to discuss something then they can post it in a relevant forum. I can't really think of much gay issues that cannot be discussed in the other forums or that won't be moderated from existance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Originally posted by WhiteWashMan

oh, talk to me baby........!

Oh you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

The moment a thread is moderated on another on-topic board for being specifically related to gay issues, is the moment we need a board specifically for that sort of discussion.

I have yet to see this happening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,502 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Originally posted by leeroybrown
    After all there isn't a heterosexual board.

And the Slydice Special card was created why?

• Advertisement

Yeah but you've got those LAN party picture threads to balance out the Slydice Specials. Look at all the pictures of the hunky men... Er, actually, maybe not eh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

Originally posted by logic1

Anyway so far you're the only Woman I've seen here for sale. I don't think your board would get much action ;)

There's plenty more lined up, dont worry. :P, besides it got enough action (120+ posts in... 3 days?) on an inactive board after all.

<< Fio >>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

1) Dont discriminate against us, we are the same as everyone else (from a gay)

2) Maybe we should give them their own board (from a non-gay)
    or
    2) We want our own board (from a gay)

Logic - I know you're not asking for a board, but rather if we should have one? The answer depends on your sexual orientation, I'm afraid.

If you are hetero, then the answer no - we should not - it is discriminatory against gays and shame on us for wanting to discriminate against them in that way.

If you are gay, then the answer is that you should stop asking for acceptance on one hand and asking for discriminatory status for your sexual preferences on the other.

This reminds me of women who want equality *and* still expect that the man should always ask the woman, hold open doors, do the heavy lifting etc.

If I were in a less inflammatory posting mood, I'd probably just agree with deVores sentiments on this one :)

jc

Not wanting to turn it into a Humanities discussion, but I don't really agree with your sentiments there bonkey. There's such a thing as truly excessive political correctness. Personally I fail to see the problem with a man showing a bit of chivalry towards a woman - holding a door open or whatever - while still treating her as an equal. And equally, I fail to see the problem with gay people - a minority within society - having a forum in which to discuss issues of relevance specifically to them.

I still don't think it's needed on boards.ie right now, mind.

• Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭RopeDrink

Christ, now why am I starting to think that a Gay Board would possibly be a good idea...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Originally posted by Shinji
    Personally I fail to see the problem with a man showing a bit of chivalry towards a woman - holding a door open or whatever - while still treating her as an equal. And equally, I fail to see the problem with gay people - a minority within society - having a forum in which to discuss issues of relevance specifically to them.

OK - fair point. Maybe I put it wrongly. I have a problem with a woman *expecting* the door to be held for her, while still claiming equality. I have no problems with a man choosing to hold the door for her. Like you said - its a bit of a "Humanities" point rather than being relevant to the case at hand - I was simply drawing a comparison.

So, leaving that aside, I think a gay forum is somewhat elitist or seperationist. As several people rightly pointed out, a "sex/sexuality/relationships" forum would be more generic and equally suitable for any discussion on the topic which doesnt already head into the Humanities/After Hours/Politics forums.

jc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Maybe we need a board that is like After Hours only different. Think of After Hours as a pub, where general banter is bandied around in a light-hearted way yet mindful of the big bouncer watching the crowd.

So what if we opened another "pub", that was the equivilant to the George. Now I don't know the history of the George but I imagine it evolved into it's current form rather than the owner saying to himself "Hmm yes, I think I'll design a pub for the uphill plowers".

Possibly another board called something as innocent as "The George" or something slightly feminine, with a hint of butchness and possibly bordered with leather. Cloud could do a feather bowa background and have little sparkily things.

O IT WOULD BE WONDERFUL!

...Ahem.. I'll get me coat, which is a wonderful length trenchcoat I got in BT2* which is marvelous for all that sort of thing darling.

* Not really

can we have a fashion board?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Monkey

"No I'm not being reactive at all. As again my gender is none of your business. I have no clue or interest in who or what you are and would appreciate the same." - that's a bit much

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,502 ✭✭✭✭Victor

"If" there is to be adult board(s), how do we keep the kiddies out or do we keep the forum tame (neutered?).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭JustHalf

Originally posted by Sico
    Maybe we should have an 'above average height' board, or possibly a 'green eyed-people board' or a 'people who prefer cotton jumpers to wollen' board or some such?
    Excellent.

• Advertisement
  • Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭RopeDrink

Originally posted by Victor
    "If" there is to be adult board(s), how do we keep the kiddies out or do we keep the forum tame (neutered?).

To be quite blunt, Vic, all it takes is one sad post from one of them and you can discern wether he/she is a mature person, writing legitimate posts, or some ignorant little tofu who has no other purpose bar one - To portray himself as uber cool to people who honestly don't give a flying frying pan.

There would be youngsters visiting - You can't stop them, but it's not as if the board is for posting up pr0n pictures and heated conversations about sexual positions and intercourse...

Still, we should rip one of those stickers off a video case saying (In a pink and red circular logo) "18"

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

oh yeah, oh right yeah, no problem, I'm going to go off and create a "FAEG" Board and a "SE><0R" board too.

BECAUSE MY LIFE AS ADMIN ISNT F*CKING HARD ENOUGH!!!! :)

Bull. Red-rag. Geddit?

*boggle*

Give it up, bubbles has been trying for a sex board for years longer then you guys.... :)

DeV.

Advertisement