Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

voodoo 2 + voodoo 3

• 23-10-2000 1:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

hello,
    i had a voodoo 2 and iwas using it with an ati card. but i have just aquired a voodoo 3 and have installed it and all is great. i was wondering is it worth it using the voodoo 2 + 3 cards together? and can you use a voodoo 2 card with win2k?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

you can use a v2 card with win2k pro, but not server. server doesnt like glide for some reason.

you cannot use a v2 and av3 together that i know of. v3's are 2d and 3d cards together. v2 is purely a 3d accelerator. ie, you need a 2d card as well. of course you can always try it. be interesting to see. but the v3 preforms well enough on its own.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭satchmo

If you mean using them both together to speed up your 3D graphics, the only way to do this with your voodoo2 is to use the SLI (Scan Line Interleaving) and connect it to another identical voodoo2 card.

Unfortunately I doubt it'll work with a Voodoo3 card (I don't even know if voodoo3 cards have SLI), and even with a voodoo2 card I think it has to be the same model of card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

I seriously doubt you can use sli with a V3, if you could everyone would be shouting about it.

3dfx just went the other direction and lumped more processors on the one board wink.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭satchmo

True, true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 625 ✭✭✭Vincent

You can't sli 2 voodoo3's together, you can sli voodoo2's, but a single voodoo3 outperforms a sli rig

• Advertisement
Advertisement