Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

this week i am mostly playing

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Civ3 and eh.. Civ3 and some Civ3 with a little Civ3

CIV3!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭BlackMagic

i have been playing devil may cry for the ps2, great game

• Registered Users Posts: 78,399 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Spam the boards. No time for gaming.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭DrunkLeprachaun

Tales Of Phantasia, Breat Of Fire 3, Point Blank.
    My PC is broke, so I can't play games on it. Lousy piece of ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭DeadBankClerk

Street Fighter Alpha 3
    Marvel Verus Capcom
    Capcom Versus SNK
    Street Fighter 3 Double Impact

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭phobos

The load times cant be as poor as WRC[i hope], it takes like 30/40 seconds to load each stage when in chamionship mode.

Actually I am getting quite sick of the PS2, because of load times. The only game in my collection that loads at any decent speed is AirBlade (that game was programmed well). With Grand Theft Auto, I turn on the console, make tea, and come back when it's loaded. This is a sheer sign that the PS2 lacks the RAM, the game developers think it has. And Don't talk to me about Crash Bandicoot, I was watching my brother play it the other day. He had to boot the console with the game (+2mins), he had to load the load from memory card interface (+30sec), he had to load the level menu (+60sec), and then after selecting the level, he had to load that (+60sec). All Naughty Dog have done is shown Crash floating in mid air during this loading period. Total pants :mad:

The game actually frustrates me to look at it. I instantly get in to a bad mood when I am left doing nothing. I wouldn't be sooo pi$$ed off if game developers put in a list of "Alternative things to do while loading occurs" on the screen ;)

That way I would be able to spend my time more efficiently. And I don't mean things like "Why don't you fill in our registration card, and send it to us, so we can spam your physical and virtual mailboxes".

Muppets, anyway...

I'm playing RTCW and May Payne ATM. At least they are seriously excellent games, that load quick. Even on 128MB RAM.

;-phobos-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

What scares me is that theres no consistency in the load times, i once seen a game loading screen just loop, and the load times for exactly the same sections can be quite quick to "finish the cup of coffee" timeframe.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

CM 01/02
    CS against bots (coz my connection sux too much to play online also I'm crap so at least this way nobody sees just how crap I am)
    That Pinball game you get with Windows I'm finding it quite addictive :]

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

FF9 (PSX)
    Severance (PC)
    advance wars (GBA)

OMG i got blinded for the price of a 30k sig image!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Mills

Unfortunately I've been reduced to playing that windows pinball game a lot too lately, racked up a high score of 15,000,000 or so now. I desperately need some decent games to play, I tried GTA3 and liked it but I don't have a PS2 so I'm stuck without anything good :(, any ideas? (I don't have much money either)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Straker

Mostly... Alien V Predator II (and some IL2). Great fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Firefox

I just got a hold of Rez(DC) at the weekend.
    How would I describe this game?? Hmmmm.......Space Harrier/Tempest 2000 on Speed........VERY Cool and very Addictave!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Ground Contol Mills. Or Outcast. both on buget.

'Course...there's always warez......sure you mean to buy the game if you like it...but why buy the cow if the milk is free?????

Moral dilemmas people with fast net connections face everyday.....

Then they remember they ahve no IRC port so their mind are put at ease. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Originally posted by SyxPak
    Moral dilemma

Maybe for you...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Mills

Already got ground control, might give outcast a try though, I remember trying it when it first came out and it ran like a dog, and looked brutal, might be worth a go now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The_Bullman

Just bought Serious Sam:The Second Encounter. I am waiting to go home to go crazy on it again.

Advertisement