Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fans or Critics?

Options
  • 25-01-2002 12:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭

Just a thought, has this board turned into a board of music critics with people going on about how crap evrything is..? For the most part very few posts go by where some people actually discuss the positive merits of a lot of music that is out at the moment...

the Revs thing for example:rolleyes: (Grroooaaannn),

In my mind a music fan, has diverse tastes, and can at least appreciate certain aspects of some types of music....even if they don't particularly like it.

We need more fans and less critics.....

More positive and less negative

Hug a tree today and go feed the ducks!

All the best - Trev

:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Gar_ptc

well,i agree,but one does need to criticise if summit does suck ass-i.e. why should we let talentless bands blithely think that they j!ve.
    but people criticize out of popular opinion;i was hit the other night with a thought what is THAT wrong about linkin park.
    i think that their music is tripe and contrived;but its pop that will lead pop-kids into
    seeing that there is other types of music out therer;i wish some band like linkin park were popular when i was struggling to enjoy music-all i could listen to was bands like REM and Pulp;because i didnt know any better.

huggin trees gives you fungal inexns;hugging me j!ves,however.

so go out and hug a human being; and when you see me ;hug me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Originally posted by Trev M

More positive and less negative

Now if only all those sh!te bands would get that idea!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭o sleep

i don't know. would it not be kind of boring (after a while) if all the posts centred on how good a group were? i like the revs, they'd say and then the reply would be oh, me too, i also like the revs. which is fine for maybe well just that, but then it would just be pointless. i always figured that the arguments came from people being so passionate about what music they like and hate. but you can't really have it either way. gar ptc seems to agree with you and then say that certain people should criticise when somebody sucks ass ... isn't it all opinion whether somebody sucks ass? personally i'd much rather listen to destiny's child over linkin park/the revs/westlife/ etc. most people would probably crucify me for that (if they could care less), but again: it's all opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Monkey

Q "what is THAT wrong about linkin park"?
    A "their music is tripe and contrived"

"All i could listen to was bands like REM and Pulp;because i didnt know any better." - both of these are far superior to Linkin Park.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭pixe

As much as I hate to admit it we need the ****e bands!

Otherwise we'd never know what was good and the standards would just get higher and higher till someother band became the ****e band!
    If its not the worst, it'll be the second worst, third ect ect.....

Regardless of what people's opinions are the piramid will still exsist....just the life/music within it change!;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Raggamuffin

yes but whats the deal with damien frost ohhhhhh how very CONCEPTUAL......

um i was completely bored i just leaned against the wall banging my head its was boring..!!!!!!!!!!

OH yeah good music um IRISH SCENE WAY KOOL MAN ROCK ON!!!

Monkey is right REM and PULP are far superior i liek R.E.m's Murmur album its like really really really really good.

everytime i goto a bad band i have the need to rush home a stick the headphones on and listen to some rejuvenation music. its like when you get this bad taste in your mouth and you rush to the bottle of coke and just chug it like a trooper

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭atonal

Well how can you be a serious fan if you are not also a critic.
    Unfortuantely the industry provides plenty of crap to complain about.
    Still there is loads of good music out there being created.

I am no REM fan but compared to LP they are golden.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Gil

I'd just like to know....whats the story with ' Jive ' and Gar ptc ???
    whats goin on in your head man?
    are you like that guy in that film 'crazy people' who always says "hello" except you say "jive"???
    are you mental?
    :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭back to front

Originally posted by Intrepid
    i am so sick of your crapping on.

Raggamuffin, or is it......Simon cowell?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Raggamuffin

ahhhh whats wrong with your dillusions.....
    wow is different wrong.....
    or maybe being accused of something your not is also wrong........
    ah who cares this is just getting weird

• Advertisement
Advertisement