Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

.co.uk domain

Options
  • 25-01-2002 1:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭

Hi,

I have a .com domain at the moment and most of my visitors are based here in Ireland. I'd like to attract a lot more UK visitors, and although I have registered my site in most UK directories etc. I don't seems to be getting many hits from UK.
    Would it make any difference to my listing in UK directories / crawlers if I register a .co.uk domain and simply point it to my existing site?
    Any comments / suggestions?

Ta
    JK:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

doubt it

normally its best that you have created efficient meta tags and a description

can i see the site in question ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭Kraken

Erm see the 3 w's under where he typed try hitting that might be an idea.. just a thought.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭misterq

I don't see how it could make a difference. Unless there are UK directories like iesearch.ie that only accept country specific domains.

That said, .co.uk domains a dirt cheap, so it wouldn't break the bank to try it.

Ronan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭jk2001

Cheers,

Yeah, I may just register it anyway - how much is a .co.uk domain anyway? Hopefully not as steap as .ie (well, it couldn't possibly be).

Thanks for ur help!

JK

- oh, and by the way Kraken - good guess, but it is not the site listed under my signature....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭buddy

I think you can get them for as lil as £29.99 sterling including webspace - buy a Webpage magazine - Eason's - they're british mags and have loads of adverts for brit web hosting!!

Your site is nice - don't like the blue menu - my opinion - might be ok if the page background was light blue or something!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭jk2001

Thanks Buddy,

I don't particularly like the colour scheme on my own site - working on too many projects at the same time, so not getting time to update this as often as I'd like (most content there is fairly old).... but the blue colours will definately be the first to go...

JK

Not a problem at all!!

Is that your business site, cause speaking from a Marketing viewpoint you should consider that your most important project, and from a web design view you'd be wise to use it to showcase your talents.

buddy

Note: Just some advice is all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭misterq

.co.uk domains are probably cheaper than the pc magazine!

UKReg do them for STG £2.95 per year (www.ukreg.com). I've used them before with no problems.

Ronan

I had a problem before where I tried to reg a .co.uk domain - somethins like easy123.co.uk - can't remember exactly and I could'nt register as I had no address in the UK - does anyone kow if this is common policy!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

as far as i know, its not the case. Easily.co.uk seem pretty good imo, i dont see any info on "MUST BE IN UK"

Erm see the 3 w's under where he typed try hitting that might be an idea.. just a thought

tsk tsk, you forgot to use the *

• Advertisement

Fair enough,

It's just a pain in the ass when they screw you over, you go through 1 - 2 pages of signup to be greeted by "you must be a resident of the UK" crap!!

Advertisement