Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"PCI Network controller" problem

• 28-10-2000 5:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭

I booted up my computer on friday and when it was loading windows I was greeted by the "Found new hardware" button, apparently it had found a PCI network controller with no drivers. I presumed it wouldnt cause a problem or would go away in a while, so I carried on. Not only has it persisted in giving me a New hardware detected window every time I boot up but it seems to have stopped the ISDN TA from working :( Or possibly vice versa. I really don't have a notion. So far Ive tried finding drivers for it on my windows 98 CD and Ive even removed my Terminal adaptor and reinstalled it completely. Btw I have never had a Network card installed since I formatted my HD.
    Any help at all would be much appreciated as I've got no idea what could be wrong.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭SickBoy

Sounds to me like the ISDN card isnt correctly setup and it being detected as a "PCI Network Controller". Next time your prompted for the location of the drivers point it to the ones for your ISDN TA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Mills

I've pointed it directly at the folder where my ISDN TA drivers are on their CD, but it didn'y find anything it liked frown.gif Ive also tried downloading the latest drivers drom eicon.com but they didnt help either.

I am inflatible !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭The Dr00g

Delete *ALL* of the old drivers related to the ISDN card, and any weird ones that appear under NETWORK ADAPTERS and OTHER DEVICES, also watch out for ISDN things in MULTI-FUNCTION ADAPTERS. Delete them all if you're sure they are related to either LAN or ISDN cards.

Then reboot and install your new ISDN drivers.

PS
    Check that your ISDN card is pushed firmly into its slot.

[This message has been edited by The Dr00g (edited 30-10-2000).]

Advertisement