Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend me a joystick

Options
  • 25-01-2002 2:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭

I have developed a weakness for flight sims (for shame).
    Anyone suggest a decent joystick, features I should look out for, approximate prices or anything else that may be relevant.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

My housemate his this big MS sidewinder force feedback 2 thing. It has about 8 buttons, hat and throttle, and can nearly break your arms with the force feedback :D

I'm guessing its quite expensive though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

Saitek have nice cheapish FF joystick thats gotten pretty good reviews, cant remember the name but check out there site.
    www.saitek.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

The Saitek Cyborg Gold is a very good stick - probably set you back around €50 in the shops nowadays.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Canaboid

Thx guys.
    Cyborg gold is €63 in EB. I'll look around for better price.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

i had a saitek joypad a while back and i have to say it was the worst one i have ever used. it broke within a month of buying it. get a sidewinder. microsoft have always made top class joysticks and the like.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

Originally posted by DiscoStu
    i had a saitek joypad a while back and i have to say it was the worst one i have ever used. it broke within a month of buying it. get a sidewinder. microsoft have always made top class joysticks and the like.
    I had a joypad a while back i bought for £5, it was ****, because of that i will never ever buy anything at all from the company that made them, even thought i was paying piss money and got what i paid for :)

See my point?:)

I have a saitek cyborg 3d digital for 2 years now, brilliant joystick and the gold usb is even better.
    Cyborg 3D USB Stick Gold £39.99(stg) on saitek's store.
    If you look around you shoulf find one for around €50 , try dixons/smiths/pcworld

• Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The_Bullman

Saying that you get what you pay for..

I bought a Saitek a few year ago. It had a stick and throttle, and about 90 buttons(mmmmmm, i love buttons and hat switches) but it was crap. It soon developed a wobble in the stick when it was let go. Therefore it was impossible to play flight sims anymore.

Also, the programable button interface thingy caused more programs to stall than i cared for.

80 odd quid down the drain in about 2 or 3 months

The joystick before that was 60 quid and it broke in less time than the saitek, so I just rely in the keyboard now.

Advertisement