Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mac Trouble

• 25-01-2002 2:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Please help, having loads of problems with Mac programmes crashing, using OS 9.1. Anyone have any troubleshooting ideas, good web sites for help.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

It could be an extension conflict. Have you tried starting up with no extensions? Hold the shift key down while you startup and you will start with no extensions. Go into your extensions manager and turn off any extensions that you know you don't need.

www.apple.com Goto the discussions section under support, you will need to register with your mail and give a password to login. There is a forum where you can ask questions but try the extensions conflict solver first - Extension manager.

maybe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

The problem is a bit vague, can you be more specific?
    Is there anything that the crashes have in common? The extensions thing is the first thing i would check. If you have Norton Disk Doctor or similar, use that as well.
    Give us more information and we can try to help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Naalwi

Have tried the extensions thing before but to no avail. I am using a dedicated drawing package Vectorworks 9.1 and it seems to bomb out eving error exception 2 which I understand is a memory issue. I have been in touch with the suppliers for the programme & I seem to have the correct memory settings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

theres a mac board!!!!!!

Yes, there is a Mac board now you are free to whet your wings on the beautiful spangly new place, but, seeing as we're on a roll here :)

What spec's is your Mac? How much RAM, chip etc and when exactly does the program crash?

May be a silly idea but have you tried zapping the pram and rebuilding the desktop just to clear away any cobwebs?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Naalwi

Working on a power mac G4 processor speed 400MHz, 128 Ram, explain a bit more about PRAM, just updated the G4 firmware. Rebuilt the desktop a few times. No real help.

It is the parameter Ram which is the... stuff that holds information such as system clock and other settings. I've never done it before as I can't be arsed getting all my settings back.
    Do this - Startup the Maccy with Command + option + P + R

I would, though, before you do that also ditch your preferences, that may be partly to blame. Go to your system folder and preferences folder and ditch the prefs for Vectorworks. If that doesn't work try ditching all your preferences (bit drastic possibly).

Let us know...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

move this to the mac board?

well... it aint half hot mum...
    ;)

Advertisement