Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Damien Rice

Options
  • 25-01-2002 2:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭

I heard an interview on today fm last nite with the man himself. He sang a couple of tunes with Lisa Hannigan which were %$*&ing amazing. The Irish scene just continues to grow better & better!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭Beany

Damien Rice is easily the most talented performer and songwriter in Ireland right now...if you ever get a chance to see him play live, GO...you won't be disappointed.

His debut album, "O" is being released next week, Feb 1st...I can't wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭pugwall

david kitt or damien rice? hmmmmmm
    different styles yes, I think I'll have to wait until i gets to see Mr Rice live. I saw kittser at the ambassador and he was &%£*ing great live! The song headphones from small moments sounded great live............all that feedback and all............. amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Oh ffs David Kitt is the most boring live performer ever.

Any concert he is support for, he puts a dampner on the whole fscking evening.

I haven't yet seen Damien Rice (though I will next Thursday I think), but he's probably not much better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭bandit

damien rice is the same as all the other ****s clogging up the irish scene, a boring singer/ songwriter. the only exception is he actually appears to be full of more pretence then even glenn hansard "after spending a month in a monestry in the south of france, i got the idea for the album
    FFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKK offfffffffffffff"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭back to front

Originally posted by bandit
    damien rice is the same as all the other ****s clogging up the irish scene, a boring singer/ songwriter. the only exception is he actually appears to be full of more pretence then even glenn hansard "after spending a month in a monestry in the south of france, i got the idea for the album
    FFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKK offfffffffffffff"
    yes yes, you genius! My thoughts exactly. I hate bitchin but the whole GLEN and DAMIEN thing makes me want to puke.
    Its not so much the artists themselves, it's their legions of little devotees!!(?)!! they're all the same. You know what I mean Bandit. Now I'm staying out o this......

cue the legions of defensive replies.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭back to front

Originally posted by back to front
    yes yes, you genius! My thoughts exactly. I hate bitchin but the whole GLEN and DAMIEN thing makes me want to puke.
    Its not so much the artists themselves, it's their legions of little devotees!!(?)!! they're all the same. You know what I mean Bandit. Now I'm staying out o this......

cue the legions of defensive replies.

Back to front, who cares what you think! Damien rice is one of the most talented singer songwriters out there and if you dont like him just keep your negative opinions to yourself. offcourse brilliant people like Glen (who is a good friend of mine) and Damien (who is such a nice guy) have loads of fans. Because they are so great and nice. I mean how can yo judge an artist from the people who like their music (which is so nice and great). Just dont go to their gigs. You need a reality check buster! Glen would never say such negative things about anyone, and maybe Damien went to that monastry because there are such negative people out there making him sad sometimes. I feel sad sometimes but I let people like you pass me by and say to myself "I am special". anyway Glen knows I'm special. He tells everyone that they are. because he knows and shares his beautifull thoughts through his music.

I'm going out now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭indie_chick

but he's a fussy prat!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭lamda

:D
    You're a funny guy back to front!

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭pugwall

DAMIEN RICE
    Sat 02 Feb '02
    Tower Records, Wicklow St, Dublin 2.
    I dont know what time though..........Anyone else know?

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Richie

He may be fussy Bell, but at least he's not fussy just for the sake of it. You can almost guarantee that after a soundcheck, he'll have as good a live sound as you'll get, no matter where he plays. Perfectionism!

• Advertisement
Advertisement