Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mod J00r mouse

Options
  • 25-01-2002 4:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭

http://hw.metku.net/firewheel/index_eng.html

looks cool, but I'd rather get a clear rubber wheel or something.
    Plexiglass might slip a bit too much and if it was textured it mightn't look good.

Anyone any other suggestions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

seems like an awful amount of effort to get a fire effect on your mouse wheel :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭MarcusGarvey

Oh that rocks. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭BioHazRd

I reckon plexiglass would be tough enough to withstand most punishment, but if you are really set on the clear rubber, try silicon rubber. Most labs / lab supply companies would do silicon tubing of various diameters. you may even be able to get a sample free. Then all you have to do is cut a ring...easy

Just an Idea :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

That'd be doable (even by me) if it wasn't for the whole having to cut your own wheel bit :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

good stuff indeed :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

I love these hardware mods when they're posted (things that wouldn't even occur to me to do but love seeing them). Still comes in behind the guy who turned his playstation into something the size of a GameGear with a Cd spinning half an inch from his fingers and the chap that managed to get goldfish in the window he popped in his case.

Great stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Yeah, that PSXp was class.
    SNESp
    He's some sort of Californian (no wait - don't go yet) Electrnoics guy.
    Mods VCSes into portable things. Does em quite well too.
    You send him an Atari VCS and a bit of cash and he'll give you one he's made earlier.

Where abouts would one find the silicon rubber?
    Any chance it could be made from silicon sealant, moulded and shaved a bit? I'd like a little bit of 'sponginess' on my wheel :)

/me envisions the day when mice are classed not by their array of butons, nor by the dpi of their cold fusion powered-opticals but by the simple wheel. And the sponginess there-of. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

just buy an MS optical mouse and you get free laser light shining morning noon and night.
    and its free.
    the light, not the mouse!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭Clinical Waste

Epoxy Resin would be better than Plexiglass, has good texture and would be simple to make.

But i'll take one of BioHazAds free silicon rings, they would be softer

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

yeah, but it's not Bosco 'Make it your self' style :(

besides, I'm getting me one of those nice Logitech Opticals. Lovely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭strat

yes as wwm pointed out the optical mice already have mad red lights - all u need is the transpairent wheel

dunno if i like the idea of hacking my £40 mouse to bits tho :(

Advertisement