Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

XP troubles

Options
  • 25-01-2002 5:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭

Okay, this is the last straw...If XP gives me anymore trouble, I'm switching back to 98. There is absolutely no great advantage with XP that would justify all the hassle it's caused me.

Anyway..I can't seem to get my ASPI layer to work. I've tried the ASPI hack going around...but the ASPI option is still greyed out in Audiocatalyst..and for some reason my CD writer can't make exact copies of cds..it keeps giving saying that it cannot read from the source disc. I'm guessing this is something to do with ASPI also. The CDRW will work fine if I'm just copying files over.

Theres a whole heap of other problems too..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

these are all problems, likely to be sorted out in sp1 when ever that arrives, if it arrives, personaly id stick with win2k pro(win 98 is so basic)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 875 ✭✭✭EvilGeorge

I assume you are not using their integrated cdwriting s/w by roxio - that would be retarded :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Kairo

Nope..Nero..Adaptec's own program...nothing will work.

Right...i'm installing 2k when I go home then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

well if its just cd rw problems check this out http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=36907

Advertisement