Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bye Bye, Eurosport

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Wow. NTL do some some good after all. Never watched Eurosport when I had it, it's awful.
    At least now if I'm bored in the evening the Tonight Show/Conan O'Brien provide some light entertainment (ok so it's not that good, but it's watchable).
    Gawd, even stock market news is more entertaining than Eurosport. BTW this is my opinion. Sorry if you liked Eurosport but don't go off at other people over it just cos they didn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭Bunny

I'd love to know what their market research was? Office dickheads, they're the only people bored enough to respond to those surveys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I heard the chat on Marian Finnucanes prog this morning, and it seems alot of peeps are mightly pissed-off with NTLs decision, the first I heard of the change was on this board. Mark Mahon NTLs' marketing director said they'd been running ads for the last 2 weks on the Irish Channels plus Sky One and News, which explains why I did'nt know sooner. He also said that NTL would be keeping an eye on CNBCs ratings...

As I have digital I can only hope Eurosport decides to stay in the Irish market, but what the channel and NTL should have done is market the channel in the first place, in would have been in both thier interests.

As for CNBC its fine to dip into but as soon as the American markets kick in and all those blokes with names like Brad and women with huge hair take over its time to bale out!

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Just as a belated update.I emailed Eurosport to see if they could shed some light on the situation heres their reply.

To: "'gandalf@xxxxxx.xxx"
    Cc:
    Subject: RE: NTL dropping Eurosport in Ireland
    Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 17:48:30 -0000

Hi Paul
    Many thanks for taking the time to write to us, we always welcome feedbackfrom our viewers.

To fill you in on the situation in Ireland, I must firstly say there are nosides to the story . This was unfortunately an NTL decision and we are as disappointed as our viewers at the outcome. We will continue to discussmatters with the operator in the hope that a solution can be found.

Kind regards
    Michelle Guy

So not alot said there.

Gandalf.

Advertisement