Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Internet Cafe - Cork - Open at last

Options
  • 26-01-2002 12:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Many thanks for all the useful info from my query in December.
    Here is what we went for= 1.5ghz, 128mb creative lab soundcard,128 mb Ram, 64mb GE Force 2 Ultra, 52 speed cd, 20 gig HD, big leather chairs. We have a seperate gaming room exclusively for gamers.
    We are based on the first floor across from Burgerland - above Business Print on Washington St. 10am-10pm all week to start with.
    We have a good few games at present, HL, Oppossing Force, Counterstrike, Max Payne, RTCW, OPeration Flashpoint, AvP2, Diablo 2, Baldurs Gate and are getting the other biggies in the next few days.
    As a thanks for all the help - drop in ( ask for Paul, Tommy or Gerry) and have an hour free gratis. Also thanks to Gary in DNC.
    We are charging Euro3 p/hr - and are available to book out the room for lans etc.

Cheers
    Paul

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 pincork

On its way- we will have it as well as UT by tues.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tazzle

they all patched up? or d'you want me to bring in a few CD's of patches?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Belisarius

well its a *little* closer than IE , Ill certainly pop in :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

nice one pincork... the machines are spot on, but the crucial factor imo: what connection do you have?
    We have a seperate gaming room exclusively for gamers.
    does this gamers room have its own line? or does it share a line with the other room.. which would make onine gaming laggy

• Advertisement

we have a 256k leased line at present and will review performance. 256k is pretty good for 20 pcs but any hint of not being A1 and we are upgrading. Patches cd - sounds good.

paul

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

hmmmmmmm 256k
    that would be enough for the cs players i'm sure, but for me playing quake i'd say the packet loss and spikes when ppl are downloading would be too high. I'll see what its like at least... could be good while its quiet.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Washington Street :( Parking there sucks :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

any jobs for a poor web designer / network engineer?

dont tell anyone but Jurys is great for parking on washington street.
    re jobs sorry nothing at the moment but we will be hiring in the next few months - e-mail your cv to wiredtotheworld@online.ie if still interested.

Paul

• Advertisement
Advertisement