Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Michael Shanks @ Forbidden Planet

Options
  • 26-01-2002 12:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭

I was passing by Forbidden Planet on the quays in Dublin a few days ago and noticed a few posters up in the window with Michael Shanks on them. (Michael Shanks is an actor from SG:1)

I can't remember the date, but I think he's making an appearance some time soon. Anybody have more information ?

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Coo, i might drop by next week and have a look

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

ok it has just been explained to me that Forbidden Planet is not just a comic shop and that they do books and other stuff.. damn it I walked by there last Saturday buying books.. should have paid more attention!! So is it a good place? do they have a website.. stupid question when I finish this I will just go look for it anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 875 ✭✭✭EvilGeorge

No website , you'll just have to pop in and say hello to "The Collector" !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

I seen the poster as well maybe 2 weeks ago.Best was when they had sheridan, either last year or the year before :)
    They used to be really cheap for books because they sold them in punts what the rrp was in stg, ie: if it was £6.99stg on the back, it was £6.99punt.
    Now since the euro, the prices are the same as Eason's :/

oh well maybe they have a better selection of books.. anyway yeah i always though it was a comic shop and imagined the person working there like your man in simpsons "No i will not sell you this comic, UNLESS you can answer me one question!"... maybe he is like that anyway with a name like collector but at the very least it will be worth a laugh...

• Advertisement

jees, i didn't realise he was leaving SG1 so soon (he died/turned into an energy being in the episode tonight) :/

yeah i heard a rumour he was leaving but did not actually think he would then last night bam.. but at least he went out in style!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,517 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

The guys behind the counter are just like the guy in the Simpsons ('Worst Episode ever'!).

However, they do have a good selection of Science Fiction and fantasy books (although they're still far from the best)..

Sub city - is just pure comics with a shelve or two of videos - no fantsy or science fiction books there.

So where is the best place for good books ?

getting into books we are in the wrong thread but best places are Chapters in abbey street and places like that.. also the arcade in south great georges street (below aunger street) has good bookstalls

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Figment

jees, i didn't realise he was leaving SG1 so soon (he died/turned into an energy being in the episode tonight) :/

Well thank you very much!
    I was unable to see it in the evening because of work so i was going to catch up on them all in the repeats and videos.
    I was doing a pretty good job of avoiding spoilers untill now!!

Again, really, thank you!

well it should be expected Figment, tend to discuss things here.. umm dont worry about it! We did not mention how he died sav&^....... better stop there.. oops... no kidding have not given away any more than i knew before i saw it.. a rumour he was being killed off.. he may return though as that was SORT of left open as you will see.. are you watching the repeats on sky 1? as they are not too far behind the current series i think...

I missed the whole series barred the first few episodes after having my dish moved - so have to wait until RTE show it - DOH!

Originally posted by Figment

I was unable to see it in the evening because of work so i was going to catch up on them all in the repeats and videos.

I am so very sorry :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

kaids you been a bitch again :p:D

:rolleyes: :confused::o :rolleyes: :o:( :cool: :p:o

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

muppet.jpg

I would have though an "In-joke" card would have been more appropriate slydice. Unless of course you meant the card to refer to someone else :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭Clinical Waste

Originally posted by Figment

Maybe, If I was trying to avoid "spoilers" I wouldn't go reading through the SciFi threads......?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Originally posted by kaids
    I would have though an "In-joke" card would have been more appropriate slydice. Unless of course you meant the card to refer to someone else :)

Naturally it was a test kaids to see how long it would take for a muppet to reply and clinical waste just did....

• Advertisement
Advertisement