Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Land line take over

• 30-10-2000 2:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭

What are people's views on the proposed take over of the Eircom land lines. I personally think the sooner the better. ASDL/DSL/VDSL etc should come on stream faster since eircom wont have there "Local Loop" as an excuse.

John

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭The Dr00g

Yeah, Eircom should be taken whole in one big bite, chewed vigourously for a good while, swallowed, well digested by its new host, then all the sh1t (which there'll be plenty of) will pass smoothly out and disappear with a reassuring PLOP! into the sea of a new and better life for all of us. tongue.gif

Rock on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

what makes you think the new owner wouldn't just sit on it too?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Cuase, thats what was holding him back when he was head of esat, before selling it to BT, there fore IMHO he is going to buy Eircom, exploit it, built up the business (which he will get) then sell it off for huge profit, or keep it and hand control to another person, while he retires.

John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Originally posted by Lump:
    I personally think the spooner the butter.
    Yah it's hard to know wether xDSL will be here sooner as a result of new ownership.
    But if anything, I think we have a better chance of getting it sooner, once dennis kicks all the eircon muppets into shape.

sady.gifwazzzaaaap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Dennis O' Brien, thats his name isn'tit, I've decided, he's another person I WUV.

John

• Advertisement
Advertisement