Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

metel gear solid 2: sons of liberty

Options
  • 26-01-2002 4:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36

i spent new years with my buddys in new york and after blowing all my funds on a very fuzzy 48 hour bender and with my liver ,nose and body in serious need of rest i spent the next 3 days playing s.o.l..
    my verdict.
    well its abit of a hit and miss really. gameplay rocks but is constatly interupted by that goddamn beeper thing. its a good game, a really good game but so god damn iratating when after playing the game for an hour you have to sit through 30 mins off cut scenes and other rubbish. dont get me wrong im a big one for a good story but you will all get the picture when the game comes out. i only got to the third level so perhaps things got better after that.
    che

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Swifty

I'm still not sure if this is worth buying or not. I want a game not an interactive movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭phreak

i'm definately buying it when it comes out.
    i have heard that the comm thingy is a pain in the ass but its still going to be a good game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭BlackMagic

sounds great , i loved metal gear solid one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Yeah, I loved MGS1... got a playstation2 especially for MGS2.
    There was an MGS2 demo included with an early PS2 game, which I *think* was Dynasty Warriors 2, which basically let you play the first ship level of MGS2... excellent game by the looks of things, very much in keeping with the old MGS1 traditions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

MGS2... mneh.

Hit and miss really does describe it. The tanker section, the first half of which is featured in the demo, is SUPERB. It's innovative, beautiful and clever, and it's just a real shame that the game totally loses it after that.

It feels like a complete clone of MGS1 (there's an insanely lame plot justification for this), frankly. There's very little new or clever in there... And the interminable cutscenes and completely annoying new character just sank the game for me.

About eight hours long in total, too, which isn't really worth forty quid...

Buy it for the graphics, the music, the stunning intro music and the first hour of gameplay. But this isn't the best game ever. It's not even the best game on the PS2...

• Advertisement

Hmm,
    I think ill rent it instead. According to j00 shinji its about 8 hours long? As long as the old one? If thats the case, fuck it, i aint spending ~50 Euros on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

YEah sounds boring, i didnt really like the first one to boring with too many cutscenes, not enough gameplay

Originally posted by Sangre
    YEah sounds boring, i didnt really like the first one to boring with too many cutscenes, not enough gameplay

And also the fact that it took you 8 hours to complete it. The bosses were a laff tho

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

Even the review in FHM (reviewed by 'normal ppl', not gamers) said that they finsihed it in 12 hours or something..

Advertisement