Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Louis Walsh Pure Evil!?

Options
  • 26-01-2002 8:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

I was'nt following PopTarts on RTE but did hear Ronan Collins
    (he of Radio 1 afternoon slumbermusic) have a go at "the great man" and his whole mise-en-scene on Liveline.
    Ronan reckoned the band Six will never know real success because they came in at the top, having not had to stuggle with thier craft or the market. Then they'll be tossed to one side with no parachute by Walsh when it suits him.

Walsh came on the line after about 10 mins and then tore into Collins with a display that would be considered to be in the Tyson
    style had it been a boxing match, he was truly obnoxious.

Calling Collins a failed musician and no good at anything, Collins took this with as much dignity as possible as Walsh condemed himself on air.

Did anyone else catch this display and can he be stopped before he kills pop music?

Mike.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭stereo_steve

I didn't hear that but I must admit I can't stand him. A couple of months ago on the AK phone show, jeremy slagged off westlife. About 10 minutes later Louis came on the air. He was obnoxious and started calling jeremy a small time radio presenter for a small time radio station. I can't stand him. All he did was make himself sound like a right prat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Yes, he is truly a nasty peice of work that deserves to be tarred and feathered.

And I love him for it.

Because he is going to come down so ****ing hard, it's gonna be ****ing BRILLIANT!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I read in todays Cuture section of the Sunday Times that
    Poptarts ends in a few weks with the band at No1 in the charts.

Now some may think this a presumption. Not Mr Walsh so I think its up to the music fans of Ireland to not buy the single
    (which is crap of course) just to see how RTE and Walsh would
    deal with reaching only No2 say. This would have to be seen as failure.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭MarcusGarvey

How about chart position no. 6 ?

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

i didn't hear it.. but was reading about it in the independent, hilarious stuff... Louis is not so popular now :) Brendan O'Connor didn't let him off lightly in his article:
    We saw what a sad bastard Louis really is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭beardedchicken

don't forget, this is the same misguided prick who told donal dineen (methinks) that rock music was dead!!!

it's sad, though, that he only sees musical sucess in terms of number ones, selling "units" and getting as much money outta the process for himself as he possibly can, instead of appreciating music for what it is and should be, beautiful, emotional, cerebral and visceral. the most complex, and most basic form of art.

the worrying thing, as shown by the anecdotal evidence of two radio programmes (and probably much more besides) is that he CANNOT take any form of criticism, and when confronted with a conflicting opinion from his own, he resorts to cheap jibes and below-the-belt insults- rather like an immature schoolchild who hasn't got his way!

he is nothing more than a business man, he has no real appreciation for music, and sees it simply as a product, rather than for its artistic value. as someone already said: he must be stopped!

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭NeRb666

Originally posted by mike65
    I think its up to the music fans of Ireland to not buy the single

I'm sure anyone who likes anything remotely musical won't be buying it anyway. It's the stupid 12 year olds, and the old people who buy that crap.

Ronan Collins is my new hero. His talented is being wasted by the national lottery. This man is capable of better things than looking at coloured balls twice a week.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

don't forget, this is the same misguided prick who told donal dineen (methinks) that rock music was dead!!!

Which was a real mistake as the creatively bankrupt Revs took offence to this to write a "witty and ironic" song.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

louiswalsh01.jpg

look into my evil eyes

If rumours are to be believed, he's regularly out spotting "talent" of a different nature in the George.....(not that I would associate the word "talent" with anything remotely concerned with Mr. Walsh)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,436 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Originally posted by NeRb666
    If rumours are to be believed, he's regularly out spotting "talent" of a different nature in the George.....(not that I would associate the word "talent" with anything remotely concerned with Mr. Walsh)

Now, now, I thought he preferred chasing 16 & 17-yo girls in Lillies (for contracts). ;) And I though the way he have that 16-yo from Derry (the lying bitch) a contract a bit, eh, slimey. Yes, I think his influence on the Irish music scene is inappropriate and I propose we all make sure he doesn't make number one.

I think his motto is something like "Girls are for contracts, boys are for buggery...."
    The man is depraved. I hope he dies very soon. Like tomorrow or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Things took an unexpected turn for the worse today,
    another group called No Way Out who purvey a cheesy brand of dance-pop have managed to use Liveline to rangle a possible deal out of BMG Ireland and are going to play support to Westlife in Dublin in a few months.

The dad of one of the band phoned up, complained about Walshs' malign influence and how NTR could'nt get exposure (except on a pirate station), a song called Perfect was played on air by Duffy and presto!, the switchboard lights up with
    music biz types looking to do thier bit to support this crowd.

So now we've got two blights on Irish radio and TV to avoid! :mad: Where are my earplugs.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭Shred

Poptarts ends in a few weks with the band at No1 in the charts Now some may think this a presumption

It ain't a presumption, the charts are rigged, end of:rolleyes:
    If rumours are to be believed, he's regularly out spotting "talent" of a different nature in the George

The rumours are indeed true, my brother knows him years....

I seem to remember the Chemical Brothers saying something similar ( a little off track I know, but it pissed me off at the time - f****n' idiots):mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Monkey

If ever I'm introduced to him I'm gonna say "so...I hear you're a right wanker"

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Louis Walsh is a prick. He can't take criticism of any kind, and throws his rattle out of the cot like a spoilt baby when he doesn't get his way.

Fu<k him.

The Evening Herald has been giving him a bit of a lashing over the last few days too :) (i love free papers in colleges :))

lol The Evening Herald bashes him on one page, then has a two page special on what westlife had for breakfast elsewhere in the paper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 875 ✭✭✭EvilGeorge

Well he is in the market of providing entertainment so as long as they keep doing that and dont start being old and stale I'm sure he will keep them.

• Site Banned Posts: 334 ✭✭scuzzy

Could I just quote Tim Wheeler of Ash...

"Louis Walsh is the worst thing that has happened to Irish Music in the last couple of centuries, Phil Lynott must be turning in his ****ing grave"

If ever I'm introduced to him I'm gonna say "so...I hear you're a right wanker"

yeah, me too...:)

It would be hilarious if someone actually posted his phone number or address here. I for one, would love to throw a pile of **** at him on a rainy monday morning.

• Advertisement
Advertisement